2003 Mach I

Bluffing024

Mar 15, 2006
Somewhere
I was at the dealership earlier and there was an 03 Mach I with 12,000 miles on it for 23k. I think it's probably only worth 21.5k-22k or so. But I want it, BAD! It was sooo nice. But I called my insurance and it would go to $875 a month :( I guess I will keep the 97 until I turn 25. Something that is weird though is my insurace gave me a quote for a 97 Cobra and it wouldn't change my rate one dime...

• Sponsors (?)

How do you only pay $1500 a year for an 04 GT and you're only 17!? I am 19 and I only one ticket about 3 years ago for a stop sign. Once it drops off when I renew it's still gonna be $280 a month for a 97 GT! You need to tell me how to get hooked up with some insurance like you!

i dont know what is up with everyones insurance...I am 20 and go through geico on my own policy and for an 03 Mach 1 (quote 1600 a year) with my other car on the policy a 94 saturn. Try to look around for the insurance company that gives you the best deal cause that amount is :bs:

quotes are free and easy to get on the internet check it out:nice:

Progressive is the cheapest for me, at least at the moment. I got quotes from everywhere when I got my 97 GT. I pay $355 a month now, which will go to $280ish in sept I think. I don't know if it will go down when I turn 20 March 14th (still a ways away). I hate that I pay more for insurance than for my car! :( It should be illegal for them to charge rates like that, I could understand if I had a lot of tickets but I don't.

97stang_guy said:
Progressive is the cheapest for me, at least at the moment. I got quotes from everywhere when I got my 97 GT. I pay $355 a month now, which will go to $280ish in sept I think. I don't know if it will go down when I turn 20 March 14th (still a ways away). I hate that I pay more for insurance than for my car! :( It should be illegal for them to charge rates like that, I could understand if I had a lot of tickets but I don't.

thats crazy because I am 20 and have a 97 GT and have 1 accident because i smashed my bodykit on my probe and claimed it. I cant imagine why it is so high.

What state do you live in?

I think it has a lot to do with where you live. When I had my 95 GT I was on high risk (wreckless driving ticket, and most DUI's get dropped to reckless driving) and I was only paying 220/month. Now I have a clean record and with the cobra I pay 90/month with very low deductibles ( 50/500) and double the liability coverage. I am 24. I go through Nationwide. My friend swiched from his nationwide agency to my nationwide agency and saved 50/month.

Well I just got a quote from state farm and it would be $200 a month ( I did this quote saying I had no tickets because it is dropping off in sept/oct) Which is about $80 a month less than progessive when my ticket goes off. I am gonna try a couple more companys...

Well, I already said I got a quote from State Farm and it was only $200 a month, about an $80 difference every month(this is all on my 97 GT). Well, I just got a quote for the 03 Mach I and it is only $294 a month from them. That is a huge difference from Progressive. I may just have to buy it now..

This sounds odd but if you pick-up a beater that you can tag and insure and call it your PRIMARY driver then the Mach1's insurance may be cheaper.

My 19 yr old Son has an '04 GT that was going to be 4k a year, he picked up a 'ol 80 something Pontiac for free that didn't run, put a few hundred in it to get it running and put Liability only on it. He claims it as his primary driver and the GT for pleasure allowing the insurance to be $1200 a year on the Mustang.

So for a little more insurance and tags for the beater he is saving $2800 a year! :nice:

Thanks for the tip. I just changed insurance to State Farm and I am getting better coverage and getting renters insurance and saving $150 a month ($1800 a year). Plus when I get married and my ticket drops off it will save me another $1200 or so a year. They will insure me on an 03 Cobra for less than Progressive was insuring my 97 GT.

Quit crying my Progressive insurance is 280 a month for 2 cars, my beater '95 Ranger is my primary my Mach is "pleasure". That's partly because in the past year I got 1 speeding ticket and one minor accident so they jacked me from 220 to 280. I think at the time I got my Mach my insurance only went up $12 a month from my '02 GT.