2003 mustang gt exhaust

Hi i live in california and i either want magnaflow catback magna pack or the norm and maybe the slp loudmouth 1 or 2. I was wondering which one to get. I was wondering about which are carb aproved and are not super loud. I just want a nice tone that i will not get pulled over for. Also what were your gains if you used any of them?

• Sponsors (?)

If you dont want loud dont get SLP LM's they are incredibly loud. Maganflows are at the other end and are rather subtle, i use a magnapakck style muffler for my side pipes (maganflow's straight through barrel design) and they only get loud with an o/r X pipe. Other than that they are pretty tame untill wide open throttle. I'd consider Mac or Flowmaster 40's if i were you, sound like what your looking for. But gains won't be too crazy on any cat-back, maybe 6-9hp

If you dont want loud dont get SLP LM's they are incredibly loud. Maganflows are at the other end and are rather subtle, i use a magnapakck style muffler for my side pipes (maganflow's straight through barrel design) and they only get loud with an o/r X pipe. Other than that they are pretty tame untill wide open throttle. I'd consider Mac or Flowmaster 40's if i were you, sound like what your looking for. But gains won't be too crazy on any cat-back, maybe 6-9hp

I have the Flowmasters and they are not that loud compared to the SLP's. I would agree with CobraRed_96_GT :nice: Magnaflows would be your choice because of the sound level that you want.

i would go with bassani ... i have gone with that catback from day 1 and had about 3 different combos... stock H-pipe and catback nice mellow deep tone a bit louder than stock.... Bassani X-pipe with catback much louder and deeper .........

current set up O/R prochamber and catback gets quiet when it needs too... sound so sweet and gets loud when it needs too :D

oh and i live in Cali too

Hi i live in california and i either want magnaflow catback magna pack or the norm and maybe the slp loudmouth 1 or 2. I was wondering which one to get. I was wondering about which are carb aproved and are not super loud. I just want a nice tone that i will not get pulled over for. Also what were your gains if you used any of them?

Cat-backs don't have to be CARB approved.

You can get pulled over regardless what cat back you pick. Technically they are all illegal because California law states you can modify any part of the exhaust. I know because I got pulled over for loud exhaust and I tried to fight it. I tested the Bassani cat back and it was over the legal sound limit. I tested the stock cat back and it was only 1dB away from being illegal. Sooooo.... It don't matter what you pick. Go with what you want.

If I were you I would just buy the mufflers you want and get some exhaust tips. and save a couple hundred dollars. performancepeddler.com has a good variety of tips. I put some 18" long 4" tips on my 03 Gt when I had it and some slp LM1s and it sounded awesome with an o/r x pipe. I had a little over 300 dollars in my catback exhaust and that is getting it installed. But if you want to save some more money just get the dynomax bullett mufflers. They are just about the same as the LM2's just not stainless steel and they are 40 dollars a piece and the exhaust tips I had were about 40 dollars a piece also. so that would be 160 dollars in parts and then whatever labor to get them put on. Just my .02cents worth.

Any mufflers you buy won't be too loud. When I had magnapacks on my mustang with stock h, i never got pulled over. As soon as I put the o/r x on it got ridiculouly loud. I heard a 99-04 with an o/r x and maganflow packed mufflers and it was definitely a lot more quit than mine, so I was thinking about buying the regular packed magnaflow mufflers and swapping them out. If you are considering an o/r x do not get slp LM or magnapacks, it is so loud you cannot enjoy your car as much because you have to shift at like 1700 RPM lol trust me I know...

I have magnapacks paired up with an MRT catted H and think its perfect. I would not want it any louder then it is now.

I agree. This is probably a good setup as far as not being too loud, but being loud enough and a nice sounding exhaust, but the only thing is the catted H and catted X pipes cost a lot more, sometimes a couple hundred dollars more. I went with the MAC o/r x because I got it shipped for like $160 shipped.