2003 Saleen Cobra?

• Sponsors (?)

xenon said:
I was loking into the S281E but I was asked about the 2003 Saleen Cobra. I never head of it before so I went to the saleen site and it was nowhere to be found. I recently seen it on a site. Check it out. Anybody got any info on these.. specs anything?

Thanks

http://www.performanceautosport.com/cfs/detail/031201a_cons.html

From my understanding Saleen doesnt do anything to the engine, new exhaust and X pipe. Minor suspension work and the body kit :shrug: Pretty much paying for the *****ty Saleen name.

FYI... you might already know this... but for the same exact price you could get a 99 S351

http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/VehiclePageshtml/E_Lins.html

-Mike

Good Luck :nice:

here is a 2001 Saleen cobra it's all Saleen looks with the cobra engine.
2.jpg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 257
Saleen201 said:
From my understanding Saleen doesnt do anything to the engine, new exhaust and X pipe. Minor suspension work and the body kit :shrug: Pretty much paying for the *****ty Saleen name.

FYI... you might already know this... but for the same exact price you could get a 99 S351

http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/VehiclePageshtml/E_Lins.html

-Mike

Good Luck :nice:

Dont forget about those racing seats :nice:

Saleen does an amazing job but why do they have to be so damn expensive. I would give me left nut to own a S281E or S351. I just can't justify the price compared to a 04 Cobra.

xenon said:
Dont forget about those racing seats :nice:

Saleen does an amazing job but why do they have to be so damn expensive. I would give me left nut to own a S281E or S351. I just can't justify the price compared to a 04 Cobra.

I heard (From a friend) that there is a sperm bank in OK (i think that was the state) that you can sell a testical for $80,000 tax free. They replace it with a prosthetic one. I dont know how much truth there is into that :shrug:

Saleen201 said:
I heard (From a friend) that there is a sperm bank in OK (i think that was the state) that you can sell a testical for $80,000 tax free. They replace it with a prosthetic one. I dont know how much truth there is into that :shrug:

LMFAO.. Seriously?

Dude im meantaly there already.. you got an address? :rlaugh:

Gene (vipergts281) and I saw one up at JD's performance north of Philly. I believe the owner said it was 1 of 6. Curt (cmemach1) has pics of it and hopefully he will post them later.

if you are serious about it or want addtl info i am sure JD's will be willing to get you in touch with the owner. And get this besides the 03 saleen cobra his other car was a 01 saleen s281 supercharged vert.

760-MPH said:
Gene (vipergts281) and I saw one up at JD's performance north of Philly. I believe the owner said it was 1 of 6. Curt (cmemach1) has pics of it and hopefully he will post them later.

if you are serious about it or want addtl info i am sure JD's will be willing to get you in touch with the owner. And get this besides the 03 saleen cobra his other car was a 01 saleen s281 supercharged vert.
Yup, the guy had a silver with black top 2003 Saleen Cobra. I was under the impression they only made 5 of them. But I just recently read somewhere that there is about 11 or 12 of them. :shrug: He paid for the 03 Cobra from the dealer. And then paid an additional $15,000 on top of that and had it sent to Saleen.

And I think his other Saleen was a 02, not an 01. :D Either way, the guy had 2 silver vert Saleen's. :hail2:

He said he plans on selling the 02 and he may buy a GT40. :eek:

Hy dynoed at 475 rwhp that day I believe. He showed me a previous dyno chart where he got 471 rwhp. That car was definitly bad a**.

:drool:

As Saleen201 mentioned, the 1999 S351 was rated at 495 hp. :nice: