2003 V6 Supercharger

Discussion in 'SN95 V6 Mustang Tech' started by 99 ATI Cobra, Dec 14, 2003.

1. 99 ATI Cobra

99 ATI Cobra New Member

Does anyone know if a supercherger setup off a t-bird 3.8 will fit these newer 3.8's?

2. GREENBIOCH

Founding Member

No, it won't fit the 99+ V6, Split port engine. It will fit the 94 to 98 Single port though. it has basically the same motor as the 89 to 93 Tbird, and is a direct swap. The main caps and crank is supposed to be beefier on the Tbird motor though because of the roots blower on it.

3. 99 ATI Cobra

99 ATI Cobra New Member

Just a thought. Didn't think it would fit or you guys would be doing it already.

4. GREENBIOCH

Founding Member

There is people that are doing it and have done it. But just on the 94 to 98 models. there making good power too.

on www.v6power.net there is a couple of guys that have done it, I have considered it as well since I have a 98. It may be in the future when this engine gets tired.

Like I said though the 99+ guys can't do it without swapping to the older 3.8 model.

5. Krusher

Krusher New Member

there is a plate that you either have to fabricate yourself or buy to "convert" the output of the charger to the input of your engine. that site above has the guy that makes them if you don't want to spend the time.

6. ganador01

Founding Member

OMG no...just swap the whole engine...ur better off that way...and its cheaper generally...

7. SpectorV

Founding Member

putting a roots blower on a stock v6 mustang engien is dumb, it wont last very long at ALL forge the internals, and get the forged crank and you are good to go though.

8. GREENBIOCH

Founding Member

I realize the bottom end is stronger on the SC motors, but why would that be dumb. I mean you can put a centrifugal style on a stock motor, why not a roots style. Is it because it is more torquey?? I don't understand what the difference is, please explain??

9. SpectorV

Founding Member

a roots blower makes boost alot sooner, and some even at idle.. its alot more strain on the motor, if you put 11psi on it at 5500 rpms its not nearly as bad as puting 11 psi on it at 2000 rpms...