2004 cobra powerplant in 1996 GTshell

1slo'96

Oct 15, 2006
i can get a BRAND NEW 2004 cobra motor from my local ford dealership for $4500 what "extra parts" will i need other than the wiring harness and ECU and where might i find some of these parts also will appreciate ANY opions no matter what they might be:D

• Sponsors (?)

2004 cobra motor in a 96 GT

i can get a brand new 2004 cobra motor from Ford for $4500 is it worth trying to put in a 96 GT any opions welcome what might be some of the parts needed:shrug:

1slo'96 said:
i can get a brand new 2004 cobra motor from Ford for $4500 is it worth trying to put in a 96 GT any opions welcome what might be some of the parts needed:shrug:
If you can get brand new forged 04 cobra motors including everything from supercharger to oil pan from Ford for $4500 you should take out a loan and buy as many as you possibly can because that's a frickin' STEAL!!!!

...and yes putting an '04 Cobra motor in your 96 would definitely wake it up. Just keep in mind there are a lot of other parts you'll need besides just the motor to make this work. You'll need all the plumbing and the pump for the intercooler/heat exchanger. You'll need a different fuel system, a new hood to clear the supercharger, plus a slew of other parts...

U.M.

My friend did that in his 96 Cobra....

It was a mess, but it worked. Aside from what Uncle said, you will also need the harness, dash cluster, computer, tranny and driveshaft. I also think he had to get the window electronics.

4500 for the longblock is an awesome ****ing deal. cobra top end (4v heads/cams/manifold, etc) are 1-1500$ depending on mileage and seller. cobra bottom end can sell anywhere between 2-4k depending on mileage.

if its 4500 for supercharger down to oil pan, give me their number right now.

4500 for the longblock is an awesome ****ing deal. cobra top end (4v heads/cams/manifold, etc) are 1-1500$ depending on mileage and seller. cobra bottom end can sell anywhere between 2-4k depending on mileage.

if its 4500 for supercharger down to oil pan, give me their number right now.

i went today on my lunch hour and talked to my parts buddy and he and his co worker said it was blower to oil pan and the engine harness was gunna be $450 please give me a parts list so i can get an idea how bad this is goin to be (kinda BROKE) and the reason for the cheapness is i am good friends with this guy ; his coworker gave me a price of a little over $8000 for the engine and why wont my tranny bolt up my goal is to get the motor in first and get it running and then worry about tranny, driveshaft, and any other secondary items