2004 FORD MUSTANG MACH 1 CONVERTIBLE <<MY PROJECT CAR>>

Well, I was told for this project, I had a budget for $50,000, and the GT alone was ::sigh:: $35,000 it is pretty much new. So I dont have enough to get another car, like a Mach 1, and do the swap. So I figured I could just build up the 03.

What is the V6 emblem everyone talks about? V6???

And my GT is an manual.

Also, what is the biggest, badest, Ford motor that I could get into this that would incorperate a working Shaker? I was thinking a SCJ for a while, but that would not fit... would it?

• Sponsors (?)

fix my 2003 said:
Well, I was told for this project, I had a budget for $50,000, and the GT alone was ::sigh:: $35,000 it is pretty much new. So I dont have enough to get another car, like a Mach 1, and do the swap. So I figured I could just build up the 03.

And my GT is an manual.

Also, what is the biggest, badest, Ford motor that I could get into this that would incorperate a working Shaker? I was thinking a SCJ for a while, but that would not fit... would it?

35k for a GT convert? Man, you can buy those for a 22k here along with a used Mach I for 22k and have 8k to swap parts.

Your going to need to swap a lot of parts, so might as well have both cars side by side and just take parts off the GT and swap the parts from Mach right in.

This would be fun to do.

Good Luck

fix my 2003 said:

And my GT is an manual.

:eek: :eek:

the only thing I am going to say in response is :eek: and then to just do a FRPP 5.0 Cammer crate motor swap. then add some wheels, suspension, mach 1 chin spoiler and grill delete. that would make a sick GT :drool:

v6 emblems are the side fender emblems on the side of the mach:

000188-200306-000024big.jpg

fix my 2003 said:

And my GT is an manual.

$35K for a GT vert? Holy crap, they saw you coming. That's without a doubt Cobra money right there.

The Mustang is a great car, but come on....50 grand? Corvette, Lotus Elise, S2000, WRX STi, etc. start coming to mind. As for engines, you'd have to be crazy to buy a crate engine from Ford. While it's daddy's money, you don't have to be stupid with it. A built engine from any of the top speed shops will cost less, or equal at the most, than that Cammer engine and put out LOTS more power.

Better yet, just hold on to the money for now. Let it sit and collect interest or something....wait until the next SVT Mustang comes out. :nice:

streetstang03 said:
5.0L Cammer Crate Engine
Four downdraft Weber 2V carbs.
FRPP prototype 8-pot manifold
420 horsepower @ 6700 rpm
395 lb-ft torque @ 4000 rpm

ford_5L_cammerV8.jpg

:drool:

One small problem: $15,000.

For the same money, a place like Modular Ford Powerhouse (T&J) could build an engine that would make the Cammer seem like a vibrator.

35k for a gt? I paid 25.5k less for mine. I think the retail on a new gt is like 25k or maybe 28k for a brand new vert. Try to return your gt and just get an 03+cobra. At least you would already have the 4v engine, youd just have to live with the fact that theres already a supercharger on there(oh darn). You could have bought a brand new cobra and had 20k left over for mods.

hahah $35k?!?!? Dude, you got :owned:

I paid $19,9 for my coupe 5 months ago.. Brand new 73 miles on it. Granted, it's a coupe.. But it was a premium GT. Difference between a coupe and vert has got to be 2k at most... You could've had an extra $10k for mods if you'd had just gone to another dealership

Hope you had some lube with you, 'cuz that had to hurt.

Is this guy serious? How is someone gonna be sitting around and thinkin about building a vert Mach 1 for about 40 minutes, suddenly come up with $50,000 as a budget, then just go and spend $35,000 for a frickin GT vert? You got owned dude. $35,000?!!!? That hurts just thinkin about it. Geez, $35,000...... Is that Canadian or American?

CManT1914 said:
Is this guy serious? How is someone gonna be sitting around and thinkin about building a vert Mach 1 for about 40 minutes, suddenly come up with $50,000 as a budget, then just go and spend $35,000 for a frickin GT vert? You got owned dude. $35,000?!!!? That hurts just thinkin about it. Geez, $35,000...... Is that Canadian or American?

Might be pesos?

ADRENLN said:
yea stangparts.com is good, i was looking at a barely used mach engine a while ago. it is the whole thing, shaker to oil pan i believe. it might even come with the tranny. i think they still have it....good luck.

Stangparts just listed a motor and tranny today as well as a bunch of other stuff... See below...

"We are parting a 2003 Mustang Mach 1 with ony 9k miles.

Good parts:
Seats
Engine with shaker setup
Transmission
wiring
computer
13" front brake kit
1 wheel
3.55 ring gear and pinion
1 door..

We also have a complete engine & transmission set up from another
2003 Mach 1 with only 11k miles.. other parts with this setup include
fuel tank, fuel lines, computer, wiring, pedals, engine k member,
control arms, rack and pinion, ac condensor, fan assembly, shaker set
up on engine, and more...$6000 for the complete package or
$4500 for engine, $600 for transmission, call for other prices

thanks
greg

770-867-2644
770-307-0403 fax"

Good luck! :nice:

This whole thing seems a little weird to me......It will be interesting to see whether it is all talk or not (or complete BS). I guess ill just wait and see. But i will say this; most rich people i know, are that way because they're smart with their money. This isnt exactly fitting the mold.