2004 Mustang - Bogging Down

jinx10000

Apr 29, 2016
Hello. I'm new to this forum and Mustang's in general.

I've been looking for a Mustang in my area on Craigslist for several weeks. Trying to find something decent within reason on price. This is the closest thing I've seen.

This one states:
  • Stage 2 build with comp cams
  • bbk throttle body
  • long tube headers with exhaust
  • bigger injectors
  • new coil packs
  • ported intake manifold
  • Excedy 2 racing clutch
  • Been SCT tuned but needs to be dyno tuned
  • Think it's dumping too much air vs fuel for program on it
  • I contacted him and asked him what that meant. He said runs fine at idle and almost bogs down on him when he gets down on it
Is it reasonable to assume a dyno tune would fix this issue where a SCT tune wouldn't?
Any questions I should ask?
Anything I should look for or try?
Should I just stay away from this?
Thanks for any help.

• Sponsors (?)

Your correct in your thinking. The air to fuel ratio is messed up somewhere. I'm just wondering for your sake why not start off with a stock mustang that was well taken care of. Cause you never know what that guy has put the mustang through. You can be more guaranteed with buying something stock then working on it as you go.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the reply. He already sold it. I would definitely prefer a stock Mustang but they are all going about $2500+ over book in my area for the last 6 weeks I've been looking. Might have to give in and pay a little more for one.

Yep, locally things were about $2-4000 over any book pricing. I just kept looking and found an 02 GT VERT 5 speed that was stock. Not a perfect car but is way better than so many modified units I looked at. I look at what the insurance would pay if the car was stolen the day I bought it as a personal pricing goal. Just don't get in a hurry and you will find your car. Private sale was much better priced too.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello. I'm new to this forum and Mustang's in general.

I've been looking for a Mustang in my area on Craigslist for several weeks. Trying to find something decent within reason on price. This is the closest thing I've seen.

This one states:
  • Stage 2 build with comp cams
  • bbk throttle body
  • long tube headers with exhaust
  • bigger injectors
  • new coil packs
  • ported intake manifold
  • Excedy 2 racing clutch
  • Been SCT tuned but needs to be dyno tuned
  • Think it's dumping too much air vs fuel for program on it
  • I contacted him and asked him what that meant. He said runs fine at idle and almost bogs down on him when he gets down on it
Is it reasonable to assume a dyno tune would fix this issue where a SCT tune wouldn't?
Any questions I should ask?
Anything I should look for or try?
Should I just stay away from this?
Thanks for any help.
Good job on that pass! I'm willing to bet that it would've been a can of worms that you would've opened up.. I've been down that route before and found out that the motor was done and had massive compression loss throughout the motor 7 of 8 cylenders