2004 mystichrome cobra price??

Steve2kGT

Founding Member
Jan 14, 2001
Santa Clara, CA
Just called a local dealer who had a mystichrome cobra in the showroom. (Coupe). I ask the sales guy on the phone what they're asking for the mystichrome cobra in their showroom. he tells me "that's an SVT you know...only 10000 of that color are made, it's the last one we have in that color.") :) He then proceeds to tell me that it has a six speed and 390 hp rating. You'd think I would be aware of this information as I asked for the car by name :shrug:

Anyways, he goes to look up the price and basically gives me sticker (39080). They supposedly said they sold one last month, but I don't fully believe them as not that many dealers got these right? And the production was 1010?

How much should this car cost? I know if I want it, I might have to pay premium as it is a mystichrome, and not just any other color. I've looked at Edmunds, just wanted to get some idea here.

I also wouldn't qualify for any of the pricing plans.

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

The dealer here has one left. Selling for sticker 39something. There is no gas guzzler tax on the sticker and no rebate or dealer mark down so its 39something. If it had a gas guzzler tax(like mine)it would say so on the sticker.

Mine had a MSRP of $38,850. Dealer had a $5000 markup on it. Bought it for just over $37,000 with over $2000 more than KBB & edmunds trade in value on my '01 that I traded for the car. This was back in Feb. Just check around for a dealer willing to deal & don't be afraid to walk away from them. Figure out what price you are comfortable with & be firm.

Good luck.

I thought about the Mystic Cobra, but when it came right down to it, it just wasn't worth it to me. I wanted a daily driver, and I'd be scared to take the car anywhere, for fear of some moron scratching or denting it, as the paint repair for the Mystic paint is horrendously expensive. Vandals just love scratching Mystic cars, since they know how much they are to fix. I was also a little concerned as to how the Mystic suede would wear and trying to get replacement seats/seat covers when/if necessary, and came to the conclusion that I'd have better luck finding a mint Boss 429 on the local used car lot than finding a new seat/seat cover for the Mystichrome Cobra.

They are nice cars, but I don't think the potential grief is worth the significant jump in $$$...:)