2005-06 Cervini's C-Series Kit

denniscjr

Jan 5, 2007
Hey Guys... This is my first post and i've browsed around a bit and didn't see anything on this stuff so here goes.

I've been looking into the Cervini's body kit recently... i've seen a few around on the roads and they look really nice so I have a 2005 Mustang GT and thinking about buying the wheels and tires and then adding some of the other pieces of the kit later on... I wanted to know if anybody has any advice or new on it to help me decide to waste my money on it or not.

Thanks!

Dennis

• Sponsors (?)

I'm in the middle of the full kit install right now. You won't be disappointed with it. I literally pulled the pieces out of the box and mounted to the car for mock up. They required no modifications for fitment. I've received half the kit back from paint and as soon as the rest is finished, I'll be doing the install.

Here are a few photos of the side skirts just mounted on in mock up:

img5830zv6.jpg

img5831pq5.jpg

img5829qc5.jpg

Attachments

• img5830zv6.jpg
    img5830zv6.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 132
  • img5831pq5.jpg
    img5831pq5.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 117
  • img5829qc5.jpg
    img5829qc5.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 120
Did you have any trouble with the rear lip? That's the only thing that was wrong with mine. It seemed to long, from one side to the other. I still have a small gap on the passenger side because it's too long. I think it may be a defect, since I had the first batch. It bugs me.

I dont think they will honor anything in the way of replacement. They have the policies outlined pretty well about no refunds or exchanges on painted parts.

On the other hand, My hood didn't match up very well at all. So I know what your feeling.

I'm getting an 05+ GT for graduation so i'm in the process of saving for the kit, but i don't think i'm not going to buy the rims that cervinis is selling for it, but instead buy something different... but the cervinis kit is drop dead gorgeous!:D

I love the Cervini's wheels. But every Eleanor style car has them. I'm going to buy one of the Shelby wheels either this year or next, just not sure which style.

I'm going to be doing half of the Cervinis kit. I just bought the side exhaust kit with rear valence and will probably buy the front fascia if I can come up with the money. I think the kit looks a little strange with the stock wheels being too small, so I bought some of the 20" Shelby Razors.

I'm going to be doing half of the Cervinis kit. I just bought the side exhaust kit with rear valence and will probably buy the front fascia if I can come up with the money. I think the kit looks a little strange with the stock wheels being too small, so I bought some of the 20" Shelby Razors.

I too agree that the cervini kit looks best with the 20" wheel diameter. However I will admit I saw some very nice cervini conversions with 18" wheels. They were lower though on the sportline springs instead of prokit springs.

Hi folks, I'm a newbie also. I just bought a 05 with a cervini's side exhaust on it. It fits good, sounds good and looks good. The only thing I don't like about it is the pipes drag over the smallest dump. The pipes drag where the pipes make the turn to come out the side of the car. (2 in. of clearence) I do have the stock 17 in. wheels with Steeda lowering springs on the car. I got the stock springs with the car when I bought it and don't want to but am thinking about putting them back on just to get more clearence. Any thoughts.

Dave

Hi folks, I'm a newbie also. I just bought a 05 with a cervini's side exhaust on it. It fits good, sounds good and looks good. The only thing I don't like about it is the pipes drag over the smallest dump. The pipes drag where the pipes make the turn to come out the side of the car. (2 in. of clearence) I do have the stock 17 in. wheels with Steeda lowering springs on the car. I got the stock springs with the car when I bought it and don't want to but am thinking about putting them back on just to get more clearence. Any thoughts.

Dave

What size tire do you have on there now? Going up 1 or 2 aspect ratio(30,40,50,etc) sizes could gain you enough clearance.

The tire size on the car now is P235/55-17. If I put say 285/40-18 on the rear and 255/45-18 on the front how much height would I gain for clearence.

Or 255/35-20 on the front and 275/35-20 on the rear, how much height would I gain for clearence.

I was under the understanding the bigger the wheel the less sidewall height. So in my mind not gaining much clearence.

Dave

You might want to try adjusting it. Mine doesn't dip down where the bend is. Mine has the same clearance throughout the system. I'm not lowered, but I have quite a bit of clearance. The installer may not have put it on correctly.

The tire size on the car now is P235/55-17. If I put say 285/40-18 on the rear and 255/45-18 on the front how much height would I gain for clearence.

Or 255/35-20 on the front and 275/35-20 on the rear, how much height would I gain for clearence.

I was under the understanding the bigger the wheel the less sidewall height. So in my mind not gaining much clearence.

Stock size 235/55-17, 285/40-18, 255/45-18 and 255/35-20 are all within .1" of eachother while the 275/35-20 is 27.6"

You will not gain enough height out of any of the tire sizes listed to solve your clearance problems. I second DarkFireGT's suggestions.

Thanks Gentleman, problem solved. I had the day off and worked on it all day. Readjusted everything and only gained 1/4 in. so I bit the bullet and put the stock springs back on and gained a full inch plus. The stance is not quite as good but acceptable. At least I can now drive the car like it was intended.