2005 FORD GT WHITE BLUE STRIPES

05 GT

If this car were truly worth the "first" $250,000.00 it would not be hustled here. Tactics like this are laughable and show what mindless monkeys some of these car dealers are. T-Birds wore the same riduculous "market adjustment" badges, sold poorly and were axed in short order. Ford needs to squech this stupidy if they expect to return to profitabilty.

• Sponsors (?)

jickimojo said:
Key word here is "MAYBE" do you really think an individule that is of the caliber to purchase a 250,000 vehicle would post such rehtoric and pointless bets as

"ok smart guy,, lets make a bet,,,, ill even pay to fly you to my town,,, if you think i cant afford the ferrari,, put your money where your mouth is,,,, and if i can show you that i can ,,, cash by the way,,,,,,, then you have to give me the gt at the proper retail..... so lets go,,, would you like to take the bet,,,, i will pay list for the gt if you lose big mouth "

My response was tame and factual compared to the original post!

As far as an olive branch goes there was no real intrest in the purchase just a personal attack!

As for courtesy I thank you for your analysis of my responses.

As far as CSI I rank at the top and have been in the business for over 24 yrs.

Actually money doesn't make a person more intellegent or more versed in knowledge. Its just affords them more toys. There are ***holes from poor to wealthy.

As for the Ford GT: well since they are a limited run vehicles ( i think Ford said 3 years) they will be collectable. Thus the cost to buy one will be high and the cost to have one over your Ferrari, Porche and other highend supercar friends will be the battle. I think ranking on a dealer just because he wants a specific price doesn't warrant attack. Its a super car, a MacLaren F1 can reach close to $1 million in cost. If you wanted to get a MacLaren Repaired it will cost you $24,000 to have them look at it and fix any problems. If he was selling a 2005 Mustang GT for 50K i think he should be shot. But a supercar is a "whatever" priced car. Even if Ford said it costs $175K, this is a rare car and hard to just buy one. So any dealer would sell above list . Anyway if i had $250K to spend i would look at the Pagani Zonda before the GT as its an even rarer and similarly priced vehicle with a high blend of luxury and speed. The GT is an excellent supercar, but really isn't as good as some of the other $200K+ cars.

i would be happy to purchase a gt,, however its still a ford

jickimojo said:
Key word here is "MAYBE" do you really think an individule that is of the caliber to purchase a 250,000 vehicle would post such rehtoric and pointless bets as

"ok smart guy,, lets make a bet,,,, ill even pay to fly you to my town,,, if you think i cant afford the ferrari,, put your money where your mouth is,,,, and if i can show you that i can ,,, cash by the way,,,,,,, then you have to give me the gt at the proper retail..... so lets go,,, would you like to take the bet,,,, i will pay list for the gt if you lose big mouth "

My response was tame and factual compared to the original post!

As far as an olive branch goes there was no real intrest in the purchase just a personal attack!

As for courtesy I thank you for your analysis of my responses.

As far as CSI I rank at the top and have been in the business for over 24 yrs.
you are quite wrong,,, and again too,, i am quite interested in the gt,, but in red with white stripes,,, i just dont think a ford with basically a super charger, is worth more than list,,,, and you are quite wrong about my ability to pay... even though you have been in the business for 24 years,,, your insight is badly lacking.... and the previous post was bang on,,,,

mysticstang said:
Shelby has nothing to do with the Ford GT at all... Ford and Saleen Special Vehicles build the car.

What? I have read on many different times that Carroll Shelby helped with the engine design and so forth..that was why he was able to use it for the Shelby Cobra Concept just recently? The is the first I have heard of a Saleen connection to the car

black04stang said:
What? I have read on many different times that Carroll Shelby helped with the engine design and so forth..that was why he was able to use it for the Shelby Cobra Concept just recently? The is the first I have heard of a Saleen connection to the car

Shelby had nothing to do with the new Ford GT.

Shelby also had nothing to do with the V10 engine in the Shelby Cobra concept, which is a completely different engine than the GT uses.

Shelby had very little to do with the Cobra concept other than giving the Ford design team a few of his opinions while is was being developed and his his blessing when it was all done.

If you read otherwise, the info you read is incorrect.

351CJ said:
Shelby had nothing to do with the new Ford GT.

Shelby also had nothing to do with the V10 engine in the Shelby Cobra concept, which is a completely different engine than the GT uses.

Shelby had very little to do with the Cobra concept other than giving the Ford design team a few of his opinions while is was being developed and his his blessing when it was all done.

If you read otherwise, the info you read is incorrect.
I stand corrected :)...looked and looked couldn't find what I was reading before..of course still haven't found anything saying tht Saleen and anything to do with it but oh well...yeah not sure what I read to make me think the Ford Cobra Concept had that engine in it....oh well no harm no foul :)

Yes, Shelby had nothing to do with it. Does anyone know who built the Shelby concept cars? Saleen Special Vehicles did. The GTR-40 Mustang is another vehicle they built as well as the current production Ford GT.

The GT will only have a production run of 2 years, after that it will be replaced with a cheaper sticker priced limited production car... Possibly the newest GR-1 Shelby concept from what I gave read in magazines.

Take a look in the December 2004 Mustang Enthusiast on page 96. It talks about SSV in Troy,MI

I hate salesman slime, even more I hate the idiots who entertain their bogus offers... I know you ave to make money, but do it honestly, if you could go to bed at night happy because you raped someone $110,000.00 OVER list price, than you are not a person I would ever associate with. Get this!!: ONE VISIT TO THE FORD SITE WILL GIVE ANY SMART GUY THE LOW DOWN :::: Where will the Ford GT be priced?

"The final MSRP won't be released until just before the car goes on sale. We are forecasting final MSRP to be under $150,000."

This is a quote from http://www.fordvehicles.com/fordgt/faq.asp , copied and pasted for your reading entertainment. Again, slimy salesmen make me want to vomit... Screw you guys like you screw everyone else!!!! SCHMUCKS!!!!

Let me state this. Our First Ford GT went for 380,000 DOLLARS. We DID NOT charge that much, yet it was bidded up by a few rich old men that wanted one. Please tell me why, even if the MSRP is 150,000 dollars, would you sell it for MSRP if you can get more? That's plain stupidity. Would you all sell something on Ebay for 100 bucks if somone offered you 2000? Hell no. Get used to it. It's supply and demand, and any person with common sense knows that if there aren't a lot made, and every millionaire wants one, they're going to pay very high prices.

Sure this guy is an idiot, and I wouldn't want him working at my dealership, but if they are asking 250K for it, they will get it, if not more.

Nick

mysticstang said:
Yes, Shelby had nothing to do with it. Does anyone know who built the Shelby concept cars? Saleen Special Vehicles did. The GTR-40 Mustang is another vehicle they built as well as the current production Ford GT.

Saleen built the Mustang GT-R (the orange concept '05 Stang with the 5.0 Cammer).

Saleen may have done some work on the prototype Ford GTs, but Saleen is NOT building the production Ford GTs. They are being build by Ford at its Wixom assembly plant in Wixom, MI.

Seems like a typical car salesperson to me.

What I can't see is the money that the new GT's are bringing. For $380K you could buy yourself a Mark V GT-40 and have $80K left over. For not much more you can get into a lesser Mark I car or a Mark III. The new GT is NOT a GT-40 but will have some collectability due to scarcity. However, it won't touch the originals.

351CJ said:
Saleen built the Mustang GT-R (the orange concept '05 Stang with the 5.0 Cammer).

Saleen may have done some work on the prototype Ford GTs, but Saleen is NOT building the production Ford GTs. They are being build by Ford at its Wixom assembly plant in Wixom, MI.

Really? Did you take a look at the issue of the magazine in my last post? I'm guessing not since your last post is incorrect! Here are a few links for you to take a look at to back up what I am saying:

http://www.hoovers.com/saleen/--ID__106213--/free-co-factsheet.xhtml

http://www.auto.com/industry/ford21_20021121.htm

Take a look at the video on there webpage when they unveiled the 2005 Saleen S-281
http://www.saleen.com/2005_s281.htm

http://biz.yahoo.com/ic/106/106213.html

Just to clear this up a bit, Saleen does all the painting and assembly of the GT EXCEPT for the Engine, that is the only thing that is done at the Wixom plant to make the UAW happy since it is still a Ford. The SSV plant is non-union just like their plant in Irvine,CA.

I have been to the SSV plant this past August for the Woodward Dream Cruise and it is very impressive. The paint line is the most state of the art in the country right now and from what I have heard cost around $15 million just for that. All GT's with the optional racing strip option is HAND PAINTED and this has slowed down production because of this. They were no expecting the numbers that they have had for that option. They also have a new product development room that was closed which is where they developed the GTR and both Shelby Concepts. I will try to get some photos from a friend of mine that was also up there and post them for you to see.

05 GT

We should thank Mr. jickimojo the car salesman for the cheap entertainment. Our responses have obviously made him defensive. The economics 101 lesson
is classic but somewhat flawed. Spare us. He will feel much better after he sells another minivan and rakes in the 50 buck comission. Swallow a few more cold Big Macs in your sales cubicle while you await that "FIRST" $250,000.

:bs: I'm selling a 1965 Barracuda, $250,000 if anyone is interested. Its flat black with a big hole in the floor. I figure this is a good place to post something like this since this is Stangnet. I couldn't find FordGTnet so I will just spam this here, and piggyback off the Mustangs popularity. I guess this is okay to put here since the Cuda was Plymouth's answer to the Mustang so there is some relation there, right? Maybe I am just here for an arguement, and if anyone responds I will lash back with some stupidly smartass remark. If, come to find out I am in the wrong I will not admit it but turn the attention away from myself. If I can't defend myself I wil answer other questions and comments back to back one post at a time flooding the thread so that others may soon forget the negative non-defendable attack, completely avoiding the conflict. And when 99% of the responses are telling me to go away I will ask why. I will continue to explain that this is for those interested, and that I am very great at customer service because I have been doing it for 24 years, but not necessarily doing it well for those 24 years. I know some people just can't get a clue, but I'm not one of them. I will never give up a battle to help not sell my car. I will get online and declare myself a seller of cars and try to NOT sell you a car. That is my stategy. To knock my customers down, make them feel insignificant, talk highly of myself and my product, stick it to the potential customer, talk more about the product, bash the potential customer, tell how my ethics are pre-determined by the market, and sell something more than I paid for it. Because I know in this world there are givers and takers. Which one am I? I'm a giver right? Because I "GAVE" you all the chance to buy this wonderfully way overpriced product. You all should be thanking me for posting this advertisement for my FordGT, um I mean Barracuda, here. You need me, there is no other way for you to get a Ford GT but to pay $250,000 from me. I meant Barracuda. So, why you all giving this guy trouble when he's posting advertisements for FREE of a Ford GT on a 2005 Mustang Forum, in an all inclusive-exclusive Mustang site?

For those that don't get it, this is :bs:
Stop the spread of SPAM. If I want some I will go to the supermarket.

drmustang said:
We should thank Mr. jickimojo the car salesman for the cheap entertainment. Our responses have obviously made him defensive. The economics 101 lesson
is classic but somewhat flawed. Spare us. He will feel much better after he sells another minivan and rakes in the 50 buck comission. Swallow a few more cold Big Macs in your sales cubicle while you await that "FIRST" $250,000.

WORD

also to Miss :rlaugh: jickimojo,,,, we may not be able to afford the $250K GT (that my dealer sold for $149.000 back in October) , but at least we can afford a Mustang,,,, and dont have to depend on the '02 Focus from the company to get us back and forth to work!!!!

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!

latamud said:
:bs: I'm selling a 1965 Barracuda, $250,000 if anyone is interested. Its flat black with a big hole in the floor. I figure this is a good place to post something like this since this is Stangnet. I couldn't find FordGTnet so I will just spam this here, and piggyback off the Mustangs popularity. I guess this is okay to put here since the Cuda was Plymouth's answer to the Mustang so there is some relation there, right? Maybe I am just here for an arguement, and if anyone responds I will lash back with some stupidly smartass remark. If, come to find out I am in the wrong I will not admit it but turn the attention away from myself. If I can't defend myself I wil answer other questions and comments back to back one post at a time flooding the thread so that others may soon forget the negative non-defendable attack, completely avoiding the conflict. And when 99% of the responses are telling me to go away I will ask why. I will continue to explain that this is for those interested, and that I am very great at customer service because I have been doing it for 24 years, but not necessarily doing it well for those 24 years. I know some people just can't get a clue, but I'm not one of them. I will never give up a battle to help not sell my car. I will get online and declare myself a seller of cars and try to NOT sell you a car. That is my stategy. To knock my customers down, make them feel insignificant, talk highly of myself and my product, stick it to the potential customer, talk more about the product, bash the potential customer, tell how my ethics are pre-determined by the market, and sell something more than I paid for it. Because I know in this world there are givers and takers. Which one am I? I'm a giver right? Because I "GAVE" you all the chance to buy this wonderfully way overpriced product. You all should be thanking me for posting this advertisement for my FordGT, um I mean Barracuda, here. You need me, there is no other way for you to get a Ford GT but to pay $250,000 from me. I meant Barracuda. So, why you all giving this guy trouble when he's posting advertisements for FREE of a Ford GT on a 2005 Mustang Forum, in an all inclusive-exclusive Mustang site?

lata,,, read your post,,, that was excellent, and well done,,, couldnt have said it any better!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hail2: :hail2: :hail2:

latamud said:

Yes,couldn't have said it any better! Excellent