2005 GT 12.3 Quarter And No NOS!

Hot Rod Mag is BS just like they did on the 03 Cobra vs STI BS, It's possible for a 99-04 GT to run low 12s with those mods, and a Damn good driver. The 05 Mustangs looks like a Big Fat Altima(to me it does)It Sucks, But I have been told many times that it looks good

• Sponsors (?)

Stork_ said:
No it's "loss" eh. As in the "parasitic loss" of horsepower and torque via turning rotating assemblys such as wheels and tires and axles and drive shafts etc eh. What you discribed is in fact "parasitic drag" eh. Which is another major set back b/c the 05 is about as aerodynamic as a refridgerator eh. Me and my car w/ a little less than 1/2 tank of gas weighed @ 3300lbs eh. But I also weigh 240lbs eh. Where I got that the car weighs 3500lbs is from Ford and Ford also claims that the car makes 300hp @ the crank eh. So like I said you lose about 1hp for every 7 pounds of weight eh. So the new 05 weighs about 500 more pounds so you divide 500 by 7 and you get 71.428 eh. The lates dyno numbers show that a stock 05 makes 245rwhp/261.3rwt and a stock 04 GT makes 216rwhp/262rwtq eh. So deduct the 71.428 hp for weight difference (and I don't know what the torque divider number is) and you'll have a measley 173.6 rwhp. 12.7's aren't 12.3's eh. And if you don't understand that 03-04 cobras don't go 12.3's stock and you believe that an 05 GT w/ headers will, than I suggest you buy an SRT-4 cause they can beat ANYTHING!!..eh. :bang:
What's with all of the "Eh's" in your reply :scratch:? Do you take a short bus to school or something, or is that a weak attempt at Canadian bashing? :shrug: You reasoning is what we here at stangnet like to call "Ricer Math". 1hp/7lbs, blah, blah, blah....It seems as though everything you claim to know is based on what you've read in a book or a magazine and you have next to know hands on experience what so ever to back it up. That's fine, your type comes and goes here on Stangnet and it's nothing new to us. I'll be waiting for you to use the "more horsepower per liter" in future debates, since you've already used the "more horsepower per pound" defense. Run the numbers in your head all that you want, they don't mean jack. Using what you've read on paper as a "reference" is fine, but do yourself a favor some time and set the book down and take a trip to the track some time and watch a few cars run! You may just surprise yourself and realize that there's a whole different world out there, beyond what you’ve seen from your high-school classroom. No a bone stock '03 Cobra won't run 12.3's, but they're also backed by 3.55 gears and an IRS rear suspension....and about 55-60rwhp less than your claim of what it takes. As it sits, Cobra's have already run as fast as 12.7's on radials, do you really think it's going to be that much harder for them to drop 4/10's and beyond with a solid axle, 4.30's, slicks and an additional 60hp? Before you answer, your too late, it's already been done…..and then some…..try 11.9’s!

You're new here, so I'll cut you some slack, but do yourself and everyone else here a favor and breath in a little of some of the others knowledge and experience (and gain a little of your own) before you start shooting your mouth off and downing other peoples opinion, while making yourself look foolish in the process, cause your high-school physics book told you to.........EH!!! :rolleyes:

since when is gears, suspention, full exaust, new rear end etc just a couple mods. I guess I don't see what the big deal is. If yous set a car up to drag and can't run a 12 something is wrong plain and simple.

that is a quick car but that is no real suprise to me.

now if they had run 12.3 on street tires with no wieght reduction my jaw would be on the floor.

Now that non press car 05 GT's are hitting the streets everyone can finally see that they are not the awesome horsepower monsters people said they were at all. Not to mention they are ugly.

I would really like to see there results duplicated by someone else. I don't see it happening anytime soon. The stock drag times have also raised by quite a bit. I seriously doubt that any showroom floor cars will be running low 13's stock.

By the way who has the 99-04 GT with 216 RWHP? Was that an automatic car? Don't compare a Auto 99-04 to an auto 05 GT. They are not a comparable transmission. In a 05 GT I wouldn't view a auto as a disadvantage.

BLUE03GT said:
Ummmm... first of alll...the 05's are Dynoing at around 265-275rwhp and a little more torque than that to the wheels as well... second of all the suspension is way better in the 05's and with slicks, gears, and all those mods it is possible to run low 12's... look at KenB's N/A 2V running 10's on 360 to the wheels
you really know what your talking about huh? i was at the dyno shop when an 05 auto dynoed 243rwhp. are you trying to tell me there is a 30rwhp loss from auto to man.?i drive the 05 on a regular basis! its not all that! :bs:

Its very possible for a GT to run times very similar to that 05 did with the same mods...I have Midi's, not even LT's and with slicks and skinnies and some good shocks and springs i could hit mid 12's. Ive lost a bunch of weight from the car as well. 254 rwhp and 293 rwtrq. both that 05 and an equally done up pre-05 GT would be a good race.
I say we stop complaining about each model and just set it straight on the strip.
Mike

I think things could be much easier if Vehicle Manufactures would release a
" Buyable " test platform to Magazines. The Horsepower of the press cars was obviously more then that of the actual production car.

All of the Hype about a new Mustang is now old news.

The new Hot Rod isn't worth the $4.00, I think the article is bull and they make it seem as if no other Mustang can do this with those mods.

BullittStangV8 said:
Its very possible for a GT to run times very similar to that 05 did with the same mods...I have Midi's, not even LT's and with slicks and skinnies and some good shocks and springs i could hit mid 12's. Ive lost a bunch of weight from the car as well. 254 rwhp and 293 rwtrq. both that 05 and an equally done up pre-05 GT would be a good race.
I say we stop complaining about each model and just set it straight on the strip.
Mike

I concur. This thread is stupid and pointless. Whoever the guy is that works at Ford and says he drives it alot I would believe him because most of us on here (including myself) probably have never even driven the 05 yet. Like bullitt said lets just stop complaining and set it straight on the track, then we will see what it really does, somebody get some videos.