2005 GT Motor Pics, 3-Valve

• Sponsors (?)

rcn4him said:
Looks like a chevy intake design to me, Ive always wondered about airflow distribition differences with the t.b. being so far in front of the intake??

I know alot of intakes are designed this way in the industry but alot aren't :shrug:

It all has to do with how much hood clearence you have, how much space you have in the V, how much room you have for the air snorkel, and the angle you need to hit the intake ports at.

cap42 said:
:stupid:

I'm hoping this headswap and intake can swap with current 2v's
THere was a guy on the corral awhile back saying he put the aus verion on his car. Apparently the heads are swappable, but you'll need the computer and wiring harness too because the VVT is contolled by a computer actuatted oil thingie.

rcn4him said:
Looks like a chevy intake design to me, Ive always wondered about airflow distribition differences with the t.b. being so far in front of the intake??

I know alot of intakes are designed this way in the industry but alot aren't :shrug:

I agree it looks a LOT like the ls1 ( hmm gets me wondering )

It works being in front the best because all the air-pressure inside pushes it evenly to each cylinder. I asked the same question yesterday to my shop guy. It's also ideal for ram-air kits :D now they need to make an intake setup like that for us 99-04s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!