2005 GT vs 03/04 Mach 1

Discussion in '2005 - 2009 Specific Tech' started by Mach428, Dec 8, 2003.

1. Omegalock

Omegalock New Member

The arguement of a car stock compared to another car stock allows for equal drivers. I mean would you argue that stock Focus would beat a stock McLaren F1? No because given comparitive drivers one would be obviously faster than the other. The Focus could beat a McLaren if the other driver had never driven a car before and had to hop in and figure it out but it proves nothing to which car in it's stock form is faster. It just proves who is the better driver.
    That being said if the 05 GT puts out comparable power and is lighter it doesn't take a rocket scienctist to figure out which is faster.
  2. 63_Fairlane

63_Fairlane Founding Member

The weight distribution will be the deciding factor. The 05 GT will have superior traction off the line. IMO :nice:

Having said that, the Mach is still one cool car. If you want a fast Fox for cheap. That is the way to go. :banana:
  3. ttown

ttown Founding Member

We'll see the Mach 1 was setup to run the 1/4 mile and to transfer the weight to the back tires. It is sprung softer than any other current mustang.

05 GT = 260rwhp or so is my guess.............
  4. 97predator

97predator Member

i am thinking of looking into a mach 1. the price is right, and i love the shaker hood and 4V motor. but should i hold out for the 05? if i can even afford an 05. what do yall think? :shrug:
  5. 351CJ

351CJ New Member

It all depens on what you are looking for. The 05 will be far superior in ride comfort, interior comfort and handling. If all you want is straight line speed I'd guess that the 2004 Mach 1 will be slightly faster, but for all the reasons discussed above it probably won't be much faster.

If you want instant gratification you can get a new Mach 1 today for $24K or even less. A year from now a 2005 GT will cost you that much or more.