2005 Mustang WHEN????

• Sponsors (?)

my dealership swears up and down they will start arriving end of may. End of april will stop the production line at dearborne and the plant will start getting torn down. Depending on how much stuff they are transferring in the new plant. I see them in showrooms early oct or nov

thats what i thought that would be suicide with the 04 models on such a short run. But I have been told this by more than one person. lol I just laugh. The only thing i can figure is it will be the first one they have to look over besides the pics that they have seen lol.

Roger

Stangman_X said:
the guy i talked too about the new mustang said theyd hit sales floors sept 7th

He got his dates confused. Sept 7 is the day they start rolling off the production line. They won't be showing up at the dealers in any significant numbers until October.

351CJ said:
He got his dates confused. Sept 7 is the day they start rolling off the production line. They won't be showing up at the dealers in any significant numbers until October.

October? Sounds like a perfect Birthday present for me :D

ford website says september 29, 2004. i live in california and already ordered my personal plate. it has the us flag in the background and says we will never forget and my plate says "2k5" that red white and blue plate will look awesome on my red gt.

sajawebb said:
ford website says september 29, 2004.

May 17 is when Ford will first accept dealer orders.

Sept 7 is the planned date for the start of production.

Sept 29 is probably the date that the 2005 Ford models are "officially" unveiled.

Depending on where you are it usually takes 2 to 6 weeks for the cars to make it from the factory to the dealer lot. For most locations the cars are shipped by rail. So they have to go from the factory to a rail yard, get loaded on the train, get off loaded at the destination rail yard, get sorted and finally get put on a truck for delivery to each dealer. Which is why it takes so long.

Ford is planning to make about 700 '05 Mustangs per day. Since there are something like 3,000+ Ford dealers in the US and another 300 or so in Canada, it will take 6 days of production before there is even one 05 Mustang available for each US & Canada dealer.

Bottom line is that the lucky few will get to see an '05 Mustang on a dealer's lot by the end of September. But for most of us, don't count on seeing one at a dealer until sometime in October - that is provided the Sept 7 Job 1 date does not slip.