2005 v6

manny

Founding Member
Dec 5, 2001
TAMPA FL
has any one here given any thought on the 2005 v6 mustang with the 4.0 v6 sohc motor and a 5 speed automatic tranny? a super charger or turbo might really give it some extra pony's. it's rated at 210 HP. and now ford is making some nice performance parts for her. just thinking :rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

the block is maxed out and i would be very concerned about running much boost through it. it is not as strong as the 3.8/4.2 block. that is the main reason it is not used in the F-150 but the 4.2 is

Should've had this engine. :drool:
682004122751.jpg

a 4.0-liter DOHC 24-valve inline-six with an electronic throttle and variable valve timing on both cams. A Garrett GT40 ball-bearing turbo spins a humongous 3.2-inch-diameter compressor wheel, blowing 5.8 psi of air and allowing the so-called Barra 240T to drop 322 horsepower and 332 pound-feet of torque

Falcon XR6

[QUOTE='66 coupe]Should've had this engine. :drool:
682004122751.jpg

Falcon XR6[/QUOTE]

"it’s a 14.3-second ride with a trap speed of 98 mph while 60 mph passes in 5.9 seconds"
It's a $36,000 car and only does 14's :notnice:
I like the car, but for that much money it's not fast enough.

the lights look sort of RSX/Integra reminiscent, but from other views nothing like it...(thank the lord)
otherwise it seems to have a luxury feel to it as well as a sport side...

also i just realized how oddly luxury is spelt... i was like "Lug...jery? no... no..."

98StangRidah said:
"it’s a 14.3-second ride with a trap speed of 98 mph while 60 mph passes in 5.9 seconds"

You're not buying a sportscar like a Mach I or Cobra.
You're buying a sports sedan. Look at the Marauder; $35k for a 15-second car. You can also compare it to the BMW 3 series, which it is cheaper than and can still blow the doors off of.
It takes more to make a four door car go faster than a two-door car. The important thing to note is that Ford of North America isn't making a 6 cylinder engine close to making that kind of power.
And for the money, there aren't many four-door cars here that could touch that.

98StangRidah said:
that's $36,000 AUS dollar not the U.S. dollar which equates to about $26,000 U.S. dollars

not bad at all i would say

oops my fualt the prices are in U.S. dollars. which is quite expensive for an Aussie car

cobra232 said:
that's $36,000 AUS dollar not the U.S. dollar which equates to about $26,000 U.S. dollars

not bad at all i would say

oops my fualt the prices are in U.S. dollars. which is quite expensive for an Aussie car
Yes I read that section four times to make sure it was in US currency.

And yes it's a sedan, but I still believe it's too high priced. I doubt it comes too close of the quality of a beemer :shrug: