2005 versus 1995-sibling rivalry

drakesdad

Jul 29, 2005
Oregon OHIO
I talked with my brother and he will be coming up from VA in the spring and we will meet at Norwalk for the "bragging" rights in the family. I did some research last night and stock his 2005 is at 13.5.
1995 Stock was 15.1. Better complete a few tasks before he arrives. I never got to run this year.:Damnit: :Damnit: :Track:

• Sponsors (?)

I am not sure about the 13.5 or 13.7. I googled 1/4 mile 2005 gt for him last night and it showed 13.5. As far as my mods I have the Trickflow Track heat set up with less than 1000 miles on it. BBk shorties, 3:73, CAI,2100/2300 stall, Stock chassis and tires. I received my msd cap and blaster today, will put that on over the weekend. I am on ebay now trying to find the right Maf and throttle body.
I never ran mine this year to see what it has.

AS far as the bank account

I found this car in May of this year with 59,000. Purchased it for 6 grand even.
Put a CAI and removed the mufflers and had my fried dust my AZZ with his 94 Z28. That night I ordered the Trickflow track heat H/C/I and he and I tore the engine down and I drove it for a month before the stall and gears were put it.
He and I have not had a rematch. Those Z's fooled me. I have not tallied all the receipts but I would not stretch the truth in stating that I have over half the price of the car in mods.......boys and their toys....

drakesdad said:
I found this car in May of this year with 59,000. Purchased it for 6 grand even.
Put a CAI and removed the mufflers and had my fried dust my AZZ with his 94 Z28. That night I ordered the Trickflow track heat H/C/I and he and I tore the engine down and I drove it for a month before the stall and gears were put it.
He and I have not had a rematch. Those Z's fooled me. I have not tallied all the receipts but I would not stretch the truth in stating that I have over half the price of the car in mods.......boys and their toys....

with the trickflow h/c/i it seems like you should be able to beat him. I don't know what I am really talking about, but h/c/i might get you into the 12s :shrug:

This is why I wish I could have gotten to the track. I have been looking at some of you guys' stats and trying to compare your time somewhat. Looks like a lot ot tremecs and tko's out there. Trying to guess but I'll never know until it stops snowing here and track opens up :(

I got mined 6 months old for $425 shipped ($550 before shipping/taxes (only in texas)). It's a great way to tune, but you MUST have patience! Also, it's not very easy to start your self-tuning journey on a h/c/i motor. The maf, cam, and injectors make it hard to get a good base tune that you can tweak. But it's an awesome tool as long as you have the patience for it.

FWIW, I got extrememely frustrated with my twEECer a month after getting it and wanted to sell it in favor of a custom tune. But one day I just got the urge to start tweecing again, and I've come a long way since. I've gotten the driveability of my stang pretty good, with a hanging idle being the only real gremlin (I knocked down 16mpg last tank, with a LOT of WOT runs).

I called the speed shop today and talked with the guy who put mine on the laptop and told him I was thinking 80mm maf and 70mm throttle body, maybe 24 injectors and he was talking about me bringing it in. He only charged me 250.00 to set it up the first time. It wasn't on a dyno but it ran , I could not get the tps down at the time so I took it in.