2005 Windveil Blue Mustang GT

66Satellite

Banned
Feb 6, 2003
from Brad's site:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=350

interesting how the grill is set back quite a bit from under the edge of the hood

05FrontBump.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah those are my pics.

The colour looks fantastic and not as blue as I've seen it in pics.

It almost looks silver in my pics (with the lighting in the Skydome)
Its a grayish blue and seeing it in person made the decision on what colour I'll be getting.

Doesn't the side profile of the front end look like someone is about to punch the hell out of someone else? Or maybe I am a nut... well I mean more so than usual.

I think your pictures on brads site made my decision for me as well. The strange thing is that Fords protion shots look a lot diffrent. I think I am going to hold off on the preorder and wait till they are on the lots. Every color but lime looks really good. Its a hard decision.

A lot of the mustang colours are photosensitive.. Sonic Blue looks great, but its got a violet tone to it as well as the nice blue.
Mineral gray looks great, but I really don't like the way it looks in bright sun (copperish)

Definately SEE Windveil before you order it.
The pics aren't exactly accurate...the colour on it DOES change.
I really like it, but some may not.
It may be too light for some people in the sun...its different thats for sure.

I think its starting to look kinda bland for me i really like the current style.. it has a more modern feel to it... i think what bores me about this car is the lack of hood scoop (even if tis fake) and side scoops.

It seems plain... imho

Tombfyre said:
I think its starting to look kinda bland for me i really like the current style.. it has a more modern feel to it... i think what bores me about this car is the lack of hood scoop (even if tis fake) and side scoops.

It seems plain... imho

This is good news to me! With one less person wanting to get a 2005 Mustang, that mean's I'll be able to get a better deal on mine. :nice:

I don't really understand why anyone would want a car with a couple fake scoops rather than the 2005 which will be a much better car in every way over the 99-04. It will have better handling, ride comfort, interior comfort etc. and it will destroy a 2004 GT in acceration, but hey whatever makes you happy.

Are you interested in a cherry, low mileage 2001 GT?

For the first time these photos show some Aston Martin influence in the front end styling. I like it.

For those who want a hood scoop, a broad Boss 429-like scoop would look good and I am sure the aftermarket will have one available. Also, look for one on future models.

I'm going for spoiler delete. I like the clean styling.

yello5.0cobra, I am willing to bet you are wrong. Subtle extusions can offset almost verticle surfaces. We will have to wait for the drag coefficent number to know for sure. Regardless, it still gets up to 150ish and is supposedly electronically limited.......drag must not be hurting it too much

yellow5.0cobra said:
WOW, TALK ABOUT DRAG!

I am willing to bet the Mustang was definantly NOT tunnel tested.

I guarantee you that the 05 Mustang has been in the wind tunnel.

Every time someone posts about the "flat" front end I get a chuckle. If you look at any of the overhead photos you can see how much the sides of the front end are tapered back.

yellow5.0cobra said:
Relax guys, when you GET the car, then tie your panties in a knot, till then, you are defending nothing.
I wonder, are all car people as stupid as Mustang owners in this regard? The fighting that goes on around here, the Fox vs. SN95, 4.6 vs. 5.0, etc, is really pathetic. Now we can add S197 to the list of factions.

Dave