2006 GT bad rear clutches

• Sponsors (?)

bad rear clutches in 06 GT reply to all

Torch Red: It started gradually from the beginning. I now have 5000+ miles and the rear end noise started gradually and got louder. I took it in about a month after I got it (brand new) and was told the first time that it was just the sound of the wide tires on pavement. I didn't believe it then and then took it to another dealership (do you think it was the blonde hair that made them tell me that?). I should get it back today (from a dealership other than where I purchased it). They are replacing the rear clutch pack.
Thank you ticketmered05GT and bobcat for the tsb. I don't know how you found it. I guess I don't know how to search the forums (I was on it for an hour!), but I will figure it out.
2006 Tungsten Mustang GT: I guess there is not a lot of info out on the 2006's yet. Even the dealership was looking at the 05 tsb's. It won't be long before there is though with these kinds of problems.
I enjoy my 2006 Mustang Gt so much and I have a lot of fun in it. It is Windveil blue, the perfect girl color for a muscle car! I am a little dissappointed however to be having trouble with a six month old car! Hopefully the dealership will fix the problem and I will tearing up the roads again! Driving a new F150 truck while waiting for "my baby" has made me appreciate my car all the more (nothing against trucks, the have their use)!

lcoffey0 said:
Torch Red: It started gradually from the beginning. I now have 5000+ miles and the rear end noise started gradually and got louder. I took it in about a month after I got it (brand new) and was told the first time that it was just the sound of the wide tires on pavement. I didn't believe it then and then took it to another dealership (do you think it was the blonde hair that made them tell me that?). I should get it back today (from a dealership other than where I purchased it). They are replacing the rear clutch pack.
Thank you ticketmered05GT and bobcat for the tsb. I don't know how you found it. I guess I don't know how to search the forums (I was on it for an hour!), but I will figure it out.
2006 Tungsten Mustang GT: I guess there is not a lot of info out on the 2006's yet. Even the dealership was looking at the 05 tsb's. It won't be long before there is though with these kinds of problems.
I enjoy my 2006 Mustang Gt so much and I have a lot of fun in it. It is Windveil blue, the perfect girl color for a muscle car! I am a little dissappointed however to be having trouble with a six month old car! Hopefully the dealership will fix the problem and I will tearing up the roads again! Driving a new F150 truck while waiting for "my baby" has made me appreciate my car all the more (nothing against trucks, the have their use)!

JTGrant said:
I bet that if I were to bring mine in there with all my mods and 4.10 gears that they wouldn't do the tsb.

:shrug: hmm... not sure about that one. Although i did ask the service manager if while they had the rear end apart if they could install a set of gears.
He said " give my tech $150, provide the gears, and we'll do it"
So now the wife's car has a set of FRPP 3:73's in it :nice:

rear clutches fixed

I picked up my car last night (06 gt) and all seems well. I don't hear anything now when I turn, just makes me want to drive in circles! I ask about putting on a different air filter. My dad put a k and n on his (05 gt), but the service tech said bad move. The oiled filters can mess up the air sensor and that is about 300 dollars to replace. I will have to break the news to my dad. The service tech recommended a cold air intake (greek to me). I have a dumb question, is replacing my rear clutches considered rebuilding the rear end? My guess is no, but hey I'm a girl.

When they performed my tsb, I had a bunch of my mods on the car as well. Alot depends on the particular dealer though; mine is really cool.
I thought about having 4.10's installed when they had my rearend apart, but I just didn't have any extra money at the time :(

I wouldn't consider replacing the clutches a complete rebuild either, since they don't replace any of the bearings.

the problem has been arround for quite a while. It is nothing new. I used to replace explorer 8.8 inchclutch packs quite often for a chatter condition under power and turning. this could appear in any vehicle with clutch type posi units. Hopefully the new parts are better. I never had any come back chattering again

would this problem also create pulling to the left and shaky steering like a tire is out of balance? I have had the noise for a while now and noticed it started when I got my new wheels and just thought they were rubbing but they clear...so then I see this thread. The noise has gotten somehwhat worse and the tires are balanced per Discount Tire and the shaky steering and pull to the left is still there. I know alignment is still an avenue but the car is still new...I dunno