2006 GT Coilover Conversion??

Discussion in '2005 - 2009 Specific Tech' started by TwinCityRookie, Dec 17, 2012.

1. TwinCityRookie

TwinCityRookie New Member

Hi All-

I have done tons of research on here and would like to get your opinions on the pros/ cons of going with a coilover set-up (asides from the obvious $$$ of doing this). Some of you on here know VetteHunter, I was lucky enough to buy his 06' GT from him and want to continue the vision he had for the car.

The car is due for springs/ shocks all the way around but I would rather take it to the next level so to speak. The stang is in storage for the winter so I have plenty of time to tool around in the garage. The car is up to approximately 620hp at the engine and I will not be using it as a daily driver anymore, might get into some road course stuff over the next summer.... SO, what do you guys recommend (brand/ cost/ etc..)?

-Jeff
  2. SpartaPerformance

SpartaPerformance Site Sponsor

If you're serious about road racing you may want to consider an SLA style front end system like the ones from A47 racing.
  3. Moochman4life

Moochman4life Founding Member

-DEPLOYED- Hey, Track, see ya in 4 more months!
    Or.....if you are into track days without getting too crazy, a set of KW Variant 3's or Clubsports. They both allow for compression and rebound adjustments, but also ride height adjustability. It's a win on all kinds of levels if you think about it.