2006 seats in a 66?

kttrucks

Apr 28, 2008
Tennessee
has anybody done this? I'm planning on it and have devised a plan, but the seat risers have to go completely away. I was thinking about reinforcing the floors with 1/8 flat along the seat runners and tying that into tunnel and rockers somehow.

Any suggestions? Just looking for other opinions or experience.

Car is coming along fine.... making a removable (bolt on) front apron assembly that ties into the frame.... it's taking a while making it strong enough and looking "not hacked together" I'll use alot of DOM tubing to tie to the firewall and rails to replace the strength I've cut by lobbing off the nose.

more pics to come later.

thanks for any and all advice on the seats.

KT.

• Sponsors (?)

I used 2006 Viper sears and also had to take the seat risers out. I left a small bit of the seat riser flange mounted to the floor all the way around though. I then used a rectanglular sheet that extended forward beyond the seat riser flange (front and rear) about 1" per side. It was maybe 1/8 thick and I drilled 4 holes for my mounting bolts through it and through the floor. under the floor pan I added another 1/8 sheet identical to the first. It slipped between the floor and subframe connector. The 1/2 grade 8 mounting bolts sandwiched everything together, then I welded the plates in all around.

U haven't done the passenger side yet, and that seat is uncomfortable to sit in as it is too high and tilts rearward with the riser.

Cool! Thanks for the info. That's kind of what I was thinking, but you've made it pretty clear. I'll end up using the 06 seat tracks, but modifying the mounting points to suit my installation. On the seat risers I hada great view of the top of the windshield frame... and thats even with an inch cut out of the riser...

I appreciate your response!

KT.