2007 Gt Vs 2015 Gt

freddyz2015gt

Sep 3, 2015
I'm not a car guy or a motor head and frankly don't understand half of what's discussed on this site but I really need some advice from you guys. My first car that was anything hotter than a :leghump:ing Honda Accord was my 2007 GT premium 5 speed. I loved that :leghump:ing car. When I dropped it to second and it cut tires again and the back end made that big hop to the left...... YUMMY!!!!. So I traded it in for a 2015 GT Premium 6 speed a month or so ago. First, most everything about the cars - looks, ride, and bling is awesome!!!!. I didn't even know about the pony light shining from the mirror until I got it home and my 17 year old son got out of the car and said "WTF!!!!". So here's why I'm posting this. First, sorry but it just feels slower. Is that because the ride/independent suspension sticks to the road so much better that I can't feel the acceleration? Second, the pipes - UGH. My 4.6 had such a better sound. When I started that the 07 in my garage in the morning it woke all the neighbors. I'm lucky if the dog roles over for this one. Finally, the drive modes feel almost like no change. Should I be feeling a dramatic difference when I go from normal to track or is it so subtle that a guy like me (see above) wouldn't notice it? Don't get me wrong, I still love the car. It's just not everything I expected. You'd think going from 305HP to 435HP would feel like a HUGE difference. Not feeling it. Please let me know your thoughts. Do I have a dud? Am I just whining? Thanks!!!

• Sponsors (?)