2007 mustang gt turbo

zlooney

Dec 20, 2008
black oak ar
i got a 07 gt mustang with a hp 67 mm turbo, spec stage 3 clutch, and a rod threw out of my stock engine on only seven pounds of boost. My car made 440hp and 500 fptq. From what i have read other turbos of equal size and boost as the hp dont pull as good numbers as mine did why is that. My car had 18000 miles when it blew and only 8000 with the turbo. That seems a little too soon to me. I am pretty hard on stuff, but i do keep everything maintained. So now i ordered a new block and rotating assembly rated up to 1000hp from livernois. I heard there stuff was pretty good anyone else heard. They are the most reasonably priced and they charge a thousand dollars to assembly the shortblock or you can order it in pieces and do it yourself. Has anyone done something like this project and how did it turn out. I should be pulling around 700hp on16psi. :D

• Sponsors (?)

i got a 07 gt mustang with a hp 67 mm turbo, spec stage 3 clutch, and a rod threw out of my stock engine on only seven pounds of boost. My car made 440hp and 500 fptq. From what i have read other turbos of equal size and boost as the hp dont pull as good numbers as mine did why is that. My car had 18000 miles when it blew and only 8000 with the turbo. That seems a little too soon to me. I am pretty hard on stuff, but i do keep everything maintained. So now i ordered a new block and rotating assembly rated up to 1000hp from livernois. I heard there stuff was pretty good anyone else heard. They are the most reasonably priced and they charge a thousand dollars to assembly the shortblock or you can order it in pieces and do it yourself. Has anyone done something like this project and how did it turn out. I should be pulling around 700hp on16psi. :D

Who did your tune? How aggesive was it? What were you doing when the rod decided to go solo? 500 ft-lbs of torque at 7 psi of boost sounds a bit high to me too. Is that at the wheels? What kind of dyno was that measured on. What other mods did you have (heads, cams, exhaust)? Sorry for all the questions. I'd be very interested in how your Livernois experience goes. I'm in the market for a stronger engine - I'd prefer to swap it in before I blow this stocker up.

i got a 07 gt mustang with a hp 67 mm turbo, spec stage 3 clutch, and a rod threw out of my stock engine on only seven pounds of boost. My car made 440hp and 500 fptq. From what i have read other turbos of equal size and boost as the hp dont pull as good numbers as mine did why is that. My car had 18000 miles when it blew and only 8000 with the turbo.

an engine usually makes the most power right before its about to pop. the more lean you make a tune the more power you can get out of it, the catch is the risk factor goes up.

based on this info it isn't much of a leap to conclude this is the most likely scenario. a boost spike, crappy gas, just plain bad luck. engines crap out for millions of reasons.

I did also get a fuel pump upgrade. All i really know is my mustang guy said it would be best to get the hp turbo from his personal experiences and all he really works on is modular mustangs so i took his word for it. I did see the dyno pull, but i dont have the stats with me but they are on his filel. And I was doing 150 and just shifted at 6000 into fifth and pop.