2007 taxes

• Sponsors (?)

taxes

I havn't done mine yet, but we've dumped some large $$$$ into the only tax sheltered program we could (sold off some rental units) and by doing so we'll be able to get an above average tax refund! Rev Canada will not be pleased to fork back over to us! Should be in the range of $15000 to $18000! which will go to pay off the loan on my daily driver :) No more car payments!

We're getting about $5250 LESS back this year than we have for the last couple of years. Im pretty upset w/ uncle sam...:notnice:
you are getting 5250 less, and you are still getting a refund?

dude, i know it's nice to get money back, but that much ... wow

think about this ... if you had less taken out ... that 5250 is 437 a month. now if you took that 437 every month and invested it, even in something as low as a 5% cd, you would add at least a couple hundred dollars to your bottom line.

i wouldn't let uncle sam have that much of my money for that long.

Should be in the range of $15000 to $18000! which will go to pay off the loan on my daily driver :) No more car payments!

party time! :nice:

you are getting 5250 less, and you are still getting a refund?

dude, i know it's nice to get money back, but that much ... wow

think about this ... if you had less taken out ... that 5250 is 437 a month. now if you took that 437 every month and invested it, even in something as low as a 5% cd, you would add at least a couple hundred dollars to your bottom line.

i wouldn't let uncle sam have that much of my money for that long.

party time! :nice:

Exactly... I want to figure it so that I owe them like 20 bucks when it all pans out. Unfortunately I will bank more then 75K in 2008 so I am now considered "rich." I'm claiming 0 but might need to think about bumping it up depending on how the 08 taxes treat me.

Adam

Got $3800 back a few weeks ago. It's all about electronic filing with direct deposit :D

Between that and an $800 bonus, I paid for a vacation, paid off the credit card and finish my new bike. Next year it's all going to savings hopefully.