2007, the Mustang will have Competition, Camaro is Alive AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in '2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by GM Dude, Jul 31, 2004.

1. GM Dude

GM Dude New Member

[​IMG]

Pulled from another board, but she looks good, Firebird is gonna stay as a dead bird, but with Camaro, it'll be awesome. :banana:
  2. StangFreak32

StangFreak32 New Member

mustang will just put them out of bussiness again :D
  3. Rootus

Rootus Officially Addicted

Competition is good. Let's get all we can from the current horsepower wars before the government steps in and kills it.
  4. jadesville

jadesville the polarbear conservation corps protects a polarb

Ah finally, some real competition :)
  5. NiteRydaGT

NiteRydaGT New Member

When will they learn??? :nonono:
  6. The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull Founding Member

::yawn:: Who cares? It will be ugly, out of date before it ever makes show rooms, and GM quality.
  7. 2005muzzy

2005muzzy New Member

If the new camara looks anything like the drawings that have been produced. The camaro will be a awsome car.don't forget. The new mustang will have 2 years maturityand WHAT ??? The 07 cobra!! Yeah the camaro will have its day. mustang freaks out number the camaro fans by far so The success of the camaro is not a guarantee.70 % of camaro fans , Oh I won't say it . Well ya know..
    The 68 camaro was great and the 68 retro look on the 07 will be great but mustangs have that nitch!!!!
  8. itsgreat2bme

itsgreat2bme New Member

When the people I know that own camaros ask me why I'm a mustang girl and not a camaro girl, the simplest answer I give is that "a mustang never dies, and most likely never will, it's become a legend and it's earned respect that transcends generations, but yes your shiny camaro looks pretty in its own little way" lol guys that are trying to be manly really hate it when I say their cars are 'pretty', and that's exactly why I keep saying it.

I just hope that there isn't a huge hype cloud surrounding the camaro so that everyone goes out and gets one just because they can
  9. SVTdriver

SVTdriver Founding Member

I get the sudden urge to jump in my car. Driver through town yelling. "The mullets are coming". The mullets are coming." :D :D
  10. szer0

szer0 New Member

LMAO :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

I'm really happy for this...I also heard rumors of the Dodge Charger coming back. And 2007 is supposed to be when they make the GTO nicer isn't it?

Muscle car wars are coming again.
  11. skywarp

skywarp New Member

They can't even sell the current GTO. Another loser from the General I say.
  12. 54life

54life New Member

i agree that it will be a flop.....by 2007 the new cobra will be out and unless they put out a sc 350 then they haven't a chance.
  13. tfritz

tfritz Founding Member

Awsome! The ricers will breathe a sigh of relief...they won't be picked on as much anymore. :D
  14. 02LS1

02LS1 Founding Member

One good thing about the 5th gen Camaro will be that it isn't the only car (there should be a few) being produced at that plant (wherever it may be)...so GM doesn't have to sell 80-100k units a year for it to be "successful." **GM still made money from the F-bodies even when the Ste. Therese plant was running at about half it's capacity**

I, for one, think that the drawing that Chris P. did (and Kris H. "polished up"), for what the 5th gen. should look like, looks completely bada**. It's in the Sept. PHR for anyone that cares. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

GM will not be making a 5th gen. that's going to compete with the Cobra. From what I understand, Ford is targeting the C6 as it's "competition," at least from a performance standpoint. As everyone knows...GM will never make a Camaro that outperforms a Corvette. I have no doubt that the SS and Z28 will easily top the 2005 Mustang GT's 300hp though (we'll have to see if the '06-'08 Mustang GT gets an increase though or if Ford makes any "special editions").

:nice: if you ask me...even for Mustang guys (as said, a little competition is a good thing).
  15. Roots66

Roots66 Founding Member

16. 1992 2.3LX

1992 2.3LX New Member

[​IMG]

That thing looks sick :nice:
  17. brandon_lawson7

brandon_lawson7 New Member

its horsepower wars once again! :flag:
  18. Jeffspeed24

Jeffspeed24 New Member

Heck; by the time I can afford the GT; the Camero will almost be out....... maybe ill swing..... :)
  19. G0NEn60

G0NEn60 New Member

It's a new war and I can't wait to join. Competition makes everyone better. Hopefully the keep the LS2 far away from this one though, or forced induction is the only way the stang will keep up. Oh and the Camaro Z28 and Vette are very close in power and straight line performance. Both had LS1's. In fact with power adders the tall gearing of the vette usually made it a little worse in drag racing. I wouldn't be surprised if they stuck the current 350hp LS-1 in it, or a detuned LS-2(400hp). Hopefully for our sake they go the cheaper route and try to keep the power close the current GT or lower. I'd hate to need FI to keep up with them. I doubt we'll have a S/C kit for the new motor for another year.
  20. 1Slick5.0

1Slick5.0 New Member

Nice to see where getting some new Competition. I mean im personally sick of racing ricers. Its a waste of gas at $2.30 a gallon. And you cant really gloat about beating a 4 cylinder.