2007, the Mustang will have Competition, Camaro is Alive AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in '2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-' started by GM Dude, Jul 31, 2004.

1. kirkyg

Founding Member

I just love threads like this (complete sarcasm).

There are going to be alot of dissapointed fanboys in the next few years from what im reading now. The dodge charger has no support and dodge is moving in an entirely different direction. Chevy is doing the same as well...they have no interest in bringing back a car that was plagued with poor sales due to poor build quality and lack of unique styling and remodelling.

So many dissapointments coming :rolleyes:

kirkyg

2. kirkyg

Founding Member

As for the dodge vs ford convo I have a couple of remarks:

First of all dodge makes some of the lowest quality vehicles on the market. I know because i've owned two of them and never plan on owning one again.

The focus was never marketted as a high performance car. Have you ever sat in one? Drove one? They are a fun comfortable very nicely done interior vehicle. They are not all out speed + low quality interior and exterior. The SRT-4 is rice. It has respectible speed (NOT blowing away any mustang with a v8). They run low 14's proven at the track without a boost controller and pushing more pounds. Furthermore, real market value for a GT is lower than a srt-4 which sells at msrp and no lower vs a GT which is a 25k car that can be purchased between 19-20k fully loaded. You cannot make blanket statements without real world application and expect people to respect your point of views.

Oh yea thats not even considering an 05 srt-4 to an 05 stang...that would be a joke ;)

kirkyg

3. 302fordracer

302fordracer New Member

maybe it is stupid of me to mention this seeing as how I cannot divulge any information right yetbecause I work for ford and this information is classified...but let me just tell you that ford has in mind an engine that may just find itself a home under the hood of a cobra that will murder any such hemi or otherwise to which you would be referring...ford for life!! :flag:

4. srt4life

srt4life New Member

WHAT???

Oh yea thats not even considering an 05 srt-4 to an 05 stang...that would be a joke ;)

kirkyg[/QUOTE]

You really have your info all mixed up. The only Gt you can compare to a 04 srt-4 is the 05 GT. As a matter a fact the srt- has better times then the 05 gt mustangs. Anything before the 05 isnt even worth talking about. 05 gt runs a 0-6- 5.8 1/4 14.1 srt 0-60 5.3 1/4 13.9 the comment about getting a mustang for under 20k is hard to believe.

5. jadesville

jadesville the polarbear conservation corps protects a polarb

You're a complete idiot. They just started production on the 05', there is NO NUMBERS anywhere. Maybe you have your info mixed up, or better yet, you dont have ANY info, so stfu troll.

And as matter of fact, the 04 GT runs similar times, which is funny, one is N/A one is FI, if you wanna look at similar cars, you might want to look into the Cobra. The new GT will have 40more hp, a better suspension, its going to run better times than the SRT-4, end of story.

6. srt4life

srt4life New Member

Price: $26,900
    Performance
    0-60 5.3 seconds
    0-1/4 mile: 13.9 seconds @ 104 MPH
    Engine
    V8
    Horsepower: 300
    Torque: 409.5 nm / 315.0 ft lbs @ 4500 rpm
    Dimensions
    Length: 187.6 in.
    Width: 72.1 in.
    Height: 54.5 in.
    Weight: 3425 lbs. First off relax with the name calling. 2nd i made a mistake those numbers are for the 04 gt. 3rd how stupid do you feel now. Dont be hating because a 4 banger can keep up with ford gt. :owned:

7. jadesville

It's an estimated time, there has been NO testing of the car yet, sorry.

How stupid do I feel? How stupid do you feel? you're the one trolling with misguided information, you just bring up random **** that has no factual base to it, why? because you have no sources, why do you have no sources? because there hasnt been any CREATED YET.

You cant report a time on a car if it hasnt even been released yet.

8. srt4life

srt4life New Member

You fool, they havent been CREATED YET?? When do they come out in few months? When do you think they might start make them? How about they already made them and are waiting to be shipped out. Hey idiot how far off do you think those estimated times will be? every new production car that came out with estimated times have been right on. Anyways my point has been made,srt-4 will keep up with your 05 stangs..

9. jadesville

How do you suppose editors, and such are suppose to a test a car when they are just starting to produce the car? There is NO production car to test as of right now. Job 1 isnt even COMPLETE yet. These editors need a CAR to CREATE a source which you magazine racers can rely on for your "facts". Magazines are just taking wild guesses by caculating previous SN95 times, and now including the weight and power of the 05. How about you do your homework and stop making an ass of yourself? No, not every production car with estimated times as been right on, the ET on the PI SN95 was 14.3, and they are reguarly hitting 14.0-13.9 Stock. These are the same people who said the SRT-4 had an ET of 14.2. Your point hasnt been made, because you havent made a point, you cant recite any factual sources, or even state a fact to begin with. Stop owning yourself and clean up your cornflakes, its a shame to see your mother let you stay up this late.

Hey idiot, why dont you wise up and quit posting random pointless crap. :rolleyes: The ingenuity just amazes me. Then again, you drive a SRT-4 and you're proving what on a Mustang board? Fool.

10. jadesville

11. kirkyg

Founding Member

You really have your info all mixed up. The only Gt you can compare to a 04 srt-4 is the 05 GT. As a matter a fact the srt- has better times then the 05 gt mustangs. Anything before the 05 isnt even worth talking about. 05 gt runs a 0-6- 5.8 1/4 14.1 srt 0-60 5.3 1/4 13.9 the comment about getting a mustang for under 20k is hard to believe.[/QUOTE]

LMFAO

we have a 05 GT guru with all the detailed time specs...guess what the current GT's are faster than the new 05 Gt...yea that makes alot of sense!

I bought my car for $19,615 leather premium 5 speed. Just goes to show how much of an idiot you really are. You see the time in my sig? That was my first time to ever go to the track and i ran a 14 flat which shows that a stock mustang can get in the 13's for sure! Now add 40 more hp to the ground and a better weight transfer with better suspension, lower gear ratio and you have a low 13 second car. And we all know it takes turbo swaps that cost atleast 5 grand for an srt-4 to get into the low 13's.

QUIT being a magazine racer and get out there and see cars run at the track with good drivers...thats the only way its indisputable.

kirkyg

12. kirkyg

Founding Member

I say you put the $ where the mouth is. Race someone here...Go to the track with someone on stangnet and lets see your best times compared to a mustang.

kirkyg

13. kirkyg

Founding Member

Actually the first 05 mustang went down the assembly line on friday of last week...there's no way anyone has 1/4 mile times. They have test cars out and thats it...

kirkyg

14. 2005muzzy

2005muzzy New Member

Not when I bolt up my procharger super charger punk!! Like I said before> If I bolt a turbo charger to my moms mini van I could keep up with your neon but that doesn't mean I'm gonna do that.Listen srt4life. Your comparing a 4 banger on steroids. Without that little turbo you got , It would just be a piece of junk neon. your talking to people here that would blow up your 4 banger in a week after driving mustang all their lives. The gt is the basic of the 8 cyl mustangs. The 300 hp comes from only the engine , Slap a super charger,throttle body and some pullys your up over 500 hp. Now thats something your liitle engine CAN NOT HANDLE!! See there are limits my friend and your limit is a neon. Now thats sad!!! thats what I hate about most ricers. They have no idea what fast is!!!

15. jadesville

If you slapped a supercharger on your moms minivan, i'd have alot of respect for your mom over an SRT-4.

16. SVTdriver

Founding Member

WOW just when I thought the magazine racing was over. In comes the same person who can only do magazine racing.
    Why are you magazine racing with ESTIMATED times. Do you even realize that that kind of racing is a ricer trait? Which loses you any kind of credit you might have had. The magazines are calling them estimated not factual. Since they have yet to test them. When actual tests have been done on the car. Then try to come in magazine racing. At least you'll have numbers that are real. :nonono:

17. SVTdriver

Founding Member

Other than from other ricers. It's pretty easy for anything to get more respect than a neon. Since we are doing magazine racing. Let's add car and drivers point of view about possible drivers.

"The only changes we'd make are to things the likely pimple-pussed buyers would love. The exhaust note is interesting and throaty when accelerating but turns buzzy and annoying when cruising. The seats feel wonderfully supportive at first, but in time, the bottom cushion pinched even our slimmest butt."

18. jadesville

It's also very affordable, with some great APR rates so your parents can buy you one too!

19. calypsocoral302

calypsocoral302 New Member

Any chance of it being naturally-aspirated? I'd love to see a Cobra without the supercharger whine...

On that thought, I'd also love to see a Cobra with more than 8 cylinders...

...perhaps 10? :D

20. srt4life

srt4life New Member

And we all know it takes turbo swaps that cost atleast 5 grand for an srt-4 to get into the low 13's.
    Stage 1 turbo upgrade=$ 399. Boost control=$100. Slicks=$250. with these mode alone you will be in hi 12s. The funny thing is you guys talk some much crap about this car, but yet your talking about slapping a supercharger on your super v8 car to beat it.do me a favor go under DODGE COM. Look up srt-4 is in a class of it own, its not a neon, its a srt-4, so you guys get your info straight, thanks :p