2007, the Mustang will have Competition, Camaro is Alive AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

srt4life said:
You must be stupid! apples to apples? you retarded?? 05 gt has 300hp just a little over 300bls of torque. srt-4 230hp 250lbs of torque. Ok then let me get a viper and piss all over your Factory Ordered Road Disaster. The one thing you are right about is that you have to look at your higer end cars to take out the srt-4. Dont be hating because the rest of the car world is moving up and ford is left behind.BITCH

:rlaugh: You see Mr. 4 yr old once again you have it wrong. You have to compare like models to be realistic. If you compare Fords base mustang then you have to compare it to the base neon. The srt-4 banger is the Cobra of Neon's So step up and compare it to the 03 Cobra. I think we all saw that MODIFIED srt blow it guts all over the track and only pulled a 12.9 so wheres this 11 coming from that your all big about? AND lastly your Sexual preferance has no bearing on the thread. Enough though already...

:lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock:

• Sponsors (?)

Mstng2 said:
:rlaugh: You see Mr. 4 yr old once again you have it wrong. You have to compare like models to be realistic. If you compare Fords base mustang then you have to compare it to the base neon. The srt-4 banger is the Cobra of Neon's So step up and compare it to the 03 Cobra. I think we all saw that MODIFIED srt blow it guts all over the track and only pulled a 12.9 so wheres this 11 coming from that your all big about? AND lastly your Sexual preferance has no bearing on the thread. Enough though already...

:lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock: :lock:
Exactly :nice:

Gloveperson said:
If this makes you mustang guys feel any better, over at Ls1tech.com we had a "little" srt-4 invasion problem. Long story short, they would not accept that they drive a neon, they drive an "srt-4". So one of the moderators made it so that if you type "SRT" it says instead "neonneonneon" LOL. It was a lot of fun.

New Stang will be sick, but do not expect an 07 Camaro :( due to the legal aspects with Canada.

-Todd
Very funny :rlaugh:

For people like me who are clueless about the whole legal situation, can someone clue me in?

Gloveperson said:
This is all coming from the current issue of popular hot rod. From what I understood when I read it, the old plant that GM built the Camaro/Firebird is being destroyed. That factory has the exclusive rights to make any car that has the name Camaro/Firebird untill GM pays back a loan from the Canadian Government, which will be payed off in 2017 :(.

The only problem with the SRT to neonneonneon thing is when you type SRT-10 Ram/Viper :bang:
Oh alright.

I'm not a fan of the Camaro/FB at all, but I hate to see them quit production of them.

Gloveperson said:
This is all coming from the current issue of popular hot rod. From what I understood when I read it, the old plant that GM built the Camaro/Firebird is being destroyed. That factory has the exclusive rights to make any car that has the name Camaro/Firebird untill GM pays back a loan from the Canadian Government, which will be payed off in 2017 :(.

The only problem with the SRT to neonneonneon thing is when you type SRT-10 Ram/Viper :bang:

Is this true? No new camaro? Dammit that thing was awesome looking. Oh and even though the srt-4 is a really cool car I dont think it "eats" or "beats on" newer gt's. My buddy has one and all he has is flowmaster mufflers(not the catback) and he has pulled off a 14.0. Stock srts run pretty much the same WITH a turbo.

Gloveperson said:
If this makes you mustang guys feel any better, over at Ls1tech.com we had a "little" srt-4 invasion problem. Long story short, they would not accept that they drive a neon, they drive an "srt-4". So one of the moderators made it so that if you type "SRT" it says instead "neonneonneon" LOL. It was a lot of fun.

New Stang will be sick, but do not expect an 07 Camaro :( due to the legal aspects with Canada.

-Todd

I would have said infestation (annoying but not deadly). But I hope you have solved your "issues".

Umm is it just me or does anyone else notice the "striking" resemblence to the new mustang? I hope to god those guys dont make that desgin, b/c it is obviously stealing ideas from ford, yet again :notnice: :bs: . . . . Yes it does look cool, but no originality whatsoever . .

Just my .02

Gloveperson said:
It does since they both look like cars from the 60's. 67 mustang and 69 Camaro. They looked similar back then (long hood, short trunk), so a resemblance is sort of unavoidable. I don't think the artist (who isn't GM..he is a 16 year old kid if I recall) used ques from the 60's, not the 05 Mustang. This drawing is not new, I saw it almost two years ago at www.camaroz28.com

-Todd
true but the point is, they are copying fords idea of going retro. also in 69, didnt they copy the mustang to get in on the money ford was making from the original pony car?

BlueOvalStangGT said:
true but the point is, they are copying fords idea of going retro

One more time, those pics were done by a 16 year old kid, two years ago at that (which also rules out the possibility that he copied the new Mustang).

All info should be taken with a grain of salt, but word is Chevrolet will get an all-new RWD coupe for the '07 model year. It will be built of GM's new Zeta platform (alongside the next generation GTO). As was said earlier, GM may not be able to use the 'Camaro' nameplate due to the contract with the Canadian government to build the fourth gen's. If that's the case, look for GM to resurrect the Chevelle nameplate. I haven't read through the whole thread but I doubt I've said anything that hasn't been said already.

Destiny98 said:
One more time, those pics were done by a 16 year old kid, two years ago at that (which also rules out the possibility that he copied the new Mustang).

All info should be taken with a grain of salt, but word is Chevrolet will get an all-new RWD coupe for the '07 model year. It will be built of GM's new Zeta platform (alongside the next generation GTO). As was said earlier, GM may not be able to use the 'Camaro' nameplate due to the contract with the Canadian government to build the fourth gen's. If that's the case, look for GM to resurrect the Chevelle nameplate. I haven't read through the whole thread but I doubt I've said anything that hasn't been said already.

I hate to burst your bubble but drawings of this car have been around for about 3 years now. Now I'm not saying that they are copying the mustang. But that evidence of this styling for the mustang. Has been around for nearly 3 years now.

Gloveperson said:
Wow.

I guess you never heard of $$ before have you. Dodge's 20,000 dollar car kills the current Mustang GT. And the Viper isn't that much slower in a strait line than the GT but costs about the price of a new Corvette less than the GT.
yeah, i have heard of $$, but thats not the issue. the Issue was which carmaker was producing the fastest cars. and who is behind. If money was an issue i could go buy a 80's fox, slap 2 junkyard turbos on it, and then i win for 10k less

SVTdriver said:
I hate to burst your bubble but drawings of this car have been around for about 3 years now. Now I'm not saying that they are copying the mustang. But that evidence of this styling for the mustang. Has been around for nearly 3 years now.

I don't see where there's a bubble to burst. Again, there is no "they" as these drawings were by a 16 year old kid (who looks to have a pretty bright future ahead of him in graphic design). No actual GM prototype has been photographed or even seen at this point.

I look at the '05 Mustang and all I see is a regurgitated '68 fastback with very little originality. It's silly to claim another design is a "copy" of the '05 when the '05 itself is completely derivative. Any & all designs that have such strong styling cues from the late '60s models are naturally going to bear some resemblence to each other.

And screw the Neon owners for highjacking this thread. It was going pretty well for a while.

Dr_EluSivE said:
Fastest ford Vs Fastest Dodge... (viper Vs Ford GT) GT wins
Fastest Neon Vs Fastest Mustang (SRT4 Vs Cobra) Cobra Wins.

Seems to me like the Dodges are the one behind. :shrug:

Dr.

Why would you compare a FWD SRT-4 to a Stang?

Fastest Neon vs. Fastest Focus = Dodge wins
05 Mustang GT vs. 05 Charger R/T = Dodge wins*

*Don't flame, I know both aren't out yet but it is probably a safe bet that the 5.7L or 6.1L Hemi powered car will be faster that a 4.6L N/A Mustang.

Z28x said:
Why would you compare a FWD SRT-4 to a Stang?

Fastest Neon vs. Fastest Focus = Dodge wins
05 Mustang GT vs. 05 Charger R/T = Dodge wins*

*Don't flame, I know both aren't out yet but it is probably a safe bet that the 5.7L or 6.1L Hemi powered car will be faster that a 4.6L N/A Mustang.

Here's a quote from Autoweek.com in regards to the SRT-4:

It’s a Neon inside, so some of the plastic seems greasy or something, and that basket handle on the decklid had me looking for tailgaters in my blind spot every time I caught it out of the corner of my eye.

As a driver, I might prefer the (lamentably short-lived) SVT Focus, even if this’d kick its butt. Not much to delight in from a control/feel standpoint, except that the brakes are easy to modulate, but it goes like stink.

Yeah, it's fast but that's about the extent of its desirable features.

As for the Mustang/Charger comparo, why are you comparing the as yet mythical Charger to the very real Mustang GT? Since we're talking future cars, why not compare the '07 Cobra to the Charger? I'd bet the outcome would be different than you predicted above.

Gloveperson said:
The charger is not mythical, and the SRT-8 one will have 425 horesepower. The information that is known so far about the Cobra is 400 right? (the 425 number is using the 6.1 litre V8 Chrysler has..it does make 425 horses. It is of course not quite as real as the 05 GT, but don't expect to it to disapear. The Charger in its 35,000 dollar form is aiming at the future Cobra, not below it.

The SRT-4 :owned: by autoweek LOL.

Perhaps the term "mythical" was incorrect. I was trying to make the point it doesn't exist as of now.

The charger is not mythical, and the SRT-8 one will have 425 horesepower. The information that is known so far about the Cobra is 400 right? (the 425 number is using the 6.1 litre V8 Chrysler has..it does make 425 horses. It is of course not quite as real as the 05 GT, but don't expect to it to disapear. The Charger in its 35,000 dollar form is aiming at the future Cobra, not below it.

The information weve been hearing about the cobra is well above 400 coming from a ford engineer search the post for it(also considering the one right now is 390 the new one will be alot more potent whether it be a 5liter or a 5.4 im sure it will destroy the current cobras numbers) ,and with ford's new lightning coming out in fall 2005 "rumored" to have 500 plus hrsp "550 with cold air shot" which is also speculation to take on dodges srt truck which coleti head of svt team said they were gonna meet the competition head on with the new lightning and ford has always been a competitor with the lightning thats why i expect them to come back with a winner and they are coming out with one because of the powerlease for the new lightning/cobra, imo dodge/chrysler has always been ****tier quality than ford.