2008 Bullit..?

srothfuss

Last night I stabbed the same guy 7 times in a row
Oct 17, 2004
Woodward Ave.
I was reading my 5.0 Mustangs magazine yesterday they are claiming that Ford confirmed a 2008 Buillit Mustang claiming that Motor Trend also reported this in the August '05 issue... I am planning to buy in 2008 and this has spiked my curiosity.

Two things:
1) I am glad they are doing a car between the GT & GT500 but why another Buillit
2) Is this true?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Did the article talk about what engine they'd put in it? If it was an n/a 5.4 liter that would be sweet. 2008 is a good time frame for me to pick up a second car, as well. Here's hoping Ford does it! :nice:

I don't have the article in front of me, but it was just a 1/4 page blurb about it... paraphrasing: A GT without foglights and some "horsepower improvements." So it didn't reveal 4.6 vs. 5.4, but obviously it would be different from the standard GT's.

I seached the internet, and can't find anything else on the car.

HTT also said that he wants to do a Boss 302 and a LX 5.0.

Don't know how they'd get to 5.0L as the Cammer won't meet durability requirements.

Maybe Ford is going to do a mid height block, inbetween the 4.6 and 5.4. Notice how 5.0L is exacty half way between them.

351CJ said:
HTT also said that he wants to do a Boss 302 and a LX 5.0.

Don't know how they'd get to 5.0L as the Cammer won't meet durability requirements.

Maybe Ford is going to do a mid height block, inbetween the 4.6 and 5.4. Notice how 5.0L is exacty half way between them.

I just went and looked... Those are his exact words (almost): "Q[50mustangandsuperfords]:Along those lines, what are your thoughts regarding other specialty Mustangs like the Bullitt and Mach 1?

A[HTT]:We're hoping for a Boss 302 and a 5.0 LX. I believe that there is room between a Mustang GT and a Shelby Cobra GT 500 in terms of product positioning and market positioning. We will take your input under advisement."

Yet in this same magazine they report about a 2008 Bullit. Maybe Ford / HTT is keeping it under wraps since the car is getting close to launch..?

I hope its not close to launch. I still feel good about having a brand new GT and don't really want to compete with a Bullit in terms of top of the line mustangs in this body style....stock. I want to hold on to the top of line feeling for a while.

I remember seeing in a magazine they had an emerald green mustang they were passing off as a Bullit. I don't know if it was Ford or not but it looked like a pre production car they'd build to show off. Didn't seem aftermarket. Anyone else seen this?

Pliskin said:
I remember seeing in a magazine they had an emerald green mustang they were passing off as a Bullit. I don't know if it was Ford or not but it looked like a pre production car they'd build to show off. Didn't seem aftermarket. Anyone else seen this?

I think you're referring to an issue of Motor Trend where they put the specially painted Mustang GT up against a new Charger for a "Bullitt" movie re-match or some such silliness.

http://www.motortrend.com/av/112_0508_bullitt_video/index.html

Personally I dont want to see a Bullit. MachI, Cobra Jet, both were old school muscle cars, would like to see either of them. Boss would be great, but Im not sure Ford has the rights to the name, seems I read somewhere Shinoda copyrighted it much like the company that copyrighted GT40 leaving Ford with no choice but GT for the supercar.
Bullit was based on a movie car. Just not my thing.

I am not looking forward to another buillit either. More so because of the limited color choice of that particular specalty car.

I would love a boss, mach 1, or smaller version of the GT 500.

Maybe the next Autoshow in Detroit will shed some light on this topic.

Thanks Guys!

Thunder Road said:
would like to see either of them. Boss would be great, but Im not sure Ford has the rights to the name, seems I read somewhere Shinoda copyrighted it much like the company that copyrighted GT40 leaving Ford with no choice but GT for the supercar.

I wish this misinformation would die for once and for all.

Shinoda owns the name "Boss Shinoda"

Ford owns the name "Boss" and I belive "Boss Mustang"

A long time ago someone looked up the trademark registrations and posted the correct info here.

351CJ said:
I wish this misinformation would die for once and for all.

Shinoda owns the name "Boss Shinoda"

Ford owns the name "Boss" and I belive "Boss Mustang"

A long time ago someone looked up the trademark registrations and posted the correct info here.

Thats not true. I own the name "Boss" :rolleyes:

Well, if this is true, Ford would be utterly foolish not to do an S197 Bullitt

Latest Updates on: Bullitt

Bullitt Updated:

Friday 11th June 2004: Bullitt Update:
Director Wolfgang Petersen is to remake Steve McQueen's Bullitt for Warner Bros. The 1968 original was based on the Robert L. Pike novel Mute Witness but the new version written by Cynthia Mort won't be.

Monday 10th November 2003: Bullitt Update:
In what must be one of the daftest idea's ever and I truly hope this is nothing more than a rumour word is spreading that Bullitt is next for being remade, Wolfgang Petersen's name is being mentioned for the director's hotseat and Brad Pitt as Bullitt, and even more annoying of a rumour is that Steve McQueen's son Chad is producing.