2008 Dodge Challenger will be built in 2007

Subwaytrain

Banned
May 15, 2006
Well I was just watching a Satellite feed from Daytona and they had richard petty introduce the Go Ahead with the New 2008 Dodge Challenger Rt...
Nice looking car and with a Hemi 6.1......They said that the car will look like the concept car.......So I think it will be worth the wait,sometime Next year the car will be on the road........
Now lets see what they want for it or will there be a upgrade to the stangs.......SubwayTrain

• Sponsors (?)

it will be out in late 08. they will base it on the 300/charger platform. that makes it easier to make. thier intent is to have it very close the the mustang in price. i am thinking that means $30-35K, but we will have to wait and see. it will be a hard decision to make when it comes out-new stang or new challenger :shrug: ( i will NOT buy that camaro, no matter what the power output is. i really dislike the styling.)

http://www.planetchallenger.com/cha...fficial_dodge_challenger_to_return_000799.asp

Well Dodge has the green light already I would think your right that it will be on the streets late in 2008,,,,But then I would think it would be a 2009 then?
But Dodge says it will be a 2008 car and I would think then it should be released mid to late 2007?
I am thinking its not to long before I trade my 2006 Stang Gt in,I can wait.
Maybe I will just tradein my wifes New 07 Stang Gt lol....Hope the New 2008 Stang Gt will be just as hottttt...Subwaytrain

http://www.dodge.com/en/challenger/index.html

the official dodge challenger news...

http://www.dodge.com/dodge_life/news/car_news/challenger_concept.html said:
Nearly 35 years later, Dodge Challenger returns as the ultimate modern American muscle coupe
Unprecedented public response to Challenger concept leads to "green light" decision for production
Another chapter in Chrysler Group's concept-to-production success story
Daytona Beach, Fla. - Chrysler Group President and CEO Tom LaSorda today announced that Dodge Challenger will return to production after a nearly 35-year hiatus. The all-new Dodge Challenger will debut as a 2008 model in calendar-year 2008.

The announcement was made shortly before the Pepsi 400 NASCAR race at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Fla. Driving out with the Dodge Challenger was Chrysler Group Chief Operating Officer Eric Ridenour.

"We haven't seen this kind of spontaneous, passionate response to a car since we unveiled the Dodge Viper concept in 1989," said LaSorda. "But it's easy to see what people like about the Dodge Challenger. It's bold, powerful and capable. It's a modern take on one of the most iconic muscle cars, and sets a new standard for pure ‘pony car' performance."

The Dodge Challenger will feature the long hood, short deck, wide stance and two-door coupe body style that distinguished the iconic Challengers of the 1970s.

"We drew on the rich heritage of the Dodge Challenger, but with contemporary forms and technologies," said LaSorda. "It's not just a re-creation; it's a reinterpretation."

Dodge's "Pony Car" in the 1970s

The Dodge Challenger made its debut in the fall of 1969 as a 1970 model. While it shared the "E-body" platform with the Plymouth Barracuda, Dodge Challenger's wheelbase was two inches longer, creating more interior space.

The Dodge Challenger was originally offered as either a two-door hardtop or convertible. And, befitting the brand's performance heritage, the Dodge Challenger also went racing in its first year, competing most notably in the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) Trans-Am series and National Hot Rod Association's Pro Stock class.

Although it was produced only from 1970 to 1974, the Dodge Challenger earned a reputation as one of the most desirable of the original "pony cars," with meticulously restored or rare examples today selling for six-figure prices.

In its first year, Dodge Challenger was offered in a limited-edition T/A (for Trans-Am) model to meet homologation requirements for SCCA Trans-Am racing. In 1971, a Dodge Challenger paced the Indianapolis 500 race. New front-end styling in 1972 featured a larger, "egg-crate" grille. In April 1974, Challenger production ceased. Over a five-year span, approximately 188,600 Dodge Challengers were sold.

The Dodge Challenger is another chapter in Chrysler Group's long history of bringing concepts to production, with vehicles such as the Dodge Viper, Plymouth Prowler, Chrysler PT Cruiser and Jeep® Compass.

"Our product development system allows us to quickly turn concepts into high-quality production vehicles," said Eric Ridenour. "We're justifiably proud of our speed to market, and Dodge Challenger is the latest example of our focus on getting gotta-have-it vehicles to our customers."

Dodge Brand

With 1.4 million vehicles sold globally in 2005, Dodge is the No. 5 nameplate in the U.S. automotive market. Overall, Dodge has a 7 percent market share in the United States. In the minivan market, Dodge has a 22 percent market share; in the truck market, 16 percent; and 5 percent of the car market.

This year, Dodge Caliber paved the way for international expansion of the brand. Hot on the heels of Caliber are the all-new 2007 Dodge Nitro, Caliber SRT4 and a D-segment vehicle.

-###-

Additional information and news from DaimlerChrysler is available on the Internet at: www.media.daimlerchrysler.com
Source: DaimlerChrysler MediaServices

Well I saw the Satellite Feed from my Home Tv,and its was for dodge dealers to get excited over at the dealerships i would think..
But as I said It is Offical its a 2008...

2010 model year is when the LX platform that underpins the Charger, 300, and Magnum gets updated. That would be the ideal time to shorten it for the Challenger. 2008 is way too soon.