2008 GT Clutch

Discussion in '2005 - 2009 Specific Tech' started by rd, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Bullitt 3484 has 77k miles and sometime will need a new clutch.

What clutches are recommended. Anyone have the part numbers for the oem clutch? I am happy with it and would put another one in, but for the money, I am thinking an aftermarket may be less expensive.

Any tricks to an 08 clutch r&r?
  2. Any mods to the bullit or future plans for the car?
  3. No planned mods, it is bone stock and my dd.
  4. I know everyone love exedy and ive never seen one complaint about them but i think stage one might even be a little bit useless if your not going to mod it anymore. I say shop around see what you can get for the stock setup and compare it to exedys stage 1. I my opinion though stay away from spec and Ram. Ive had two Ram clutches snap there discs within the first week of having them. I swear im not a bad driver and the clutches were properly borken in. Spec i just see to many bad things about on the forums.
  5. Thanks.
  6. SPEC has served me well for 25K plus daily driven boosted miles without a single problem. But I must admit I haven't spent too much time looking to see what other folks have experienced since installing mine.
  7. Anyone got the Ford part number for the clutch, may want to price it around.

8. i have a stock clutch pressure plate and flywheel that im willing to sell