2008 GT Exhaust

• Sponsors (?)

Are you in a area that does the OBD2 testing? If so, the O/R H pipe will make you fail. My way around this is putting the stock catted pipe back on about 2 weeks before I go to for the state inspection.

Of course I assume this is illegal????

The other issue you run into is the tune. If you do not get a tune that turns off the Rear O2 Sensors, you will get a CEL.

If you get a tune to turn it off, then you will also need a tune to turn them back on once you reinstall the Catted H??

Ha, ha, does this make any sense???

Apex

Yeah my 03' is illegal. I just switch the pipes on and off for inspection. Thats something I dont wanna have to do for the 08 so I'm trying to find a good exhaust system thats legal.

Are you in a area that does the OBD2 testing? If so, the O/R H pipe will make you fail. My way around this is putting the stock catted pipe back on about 2 weeks before I go to for the state inspection.

Of course I assume this is illegal????

The other issue you run into is the tune. If you do not get a tune that turns off the Rear O2 Sensors, you will get a CEL.

If you get a tune to turn it off, then you will also need a tune to turn them back on once you reinstall the Catted H??

Ha, ha, does this make any sense???

Apex

this and every other mustang forum has literally hundreds of posts on this topic, and opinions about the "best" exhaust setup are just as numerous. ideally, you should hear it in person. that's what sold me on bassani. if you can't hear it in person, search youtube or streetfire.net for sound clips. off-road pipes are louder. headers give you a deeper, throatier sound. good luck

I love my Steeda mufflers (stinger style) VERY deep.

I'll probably get an SLP X-pipe with cats to go with it because you can take the downpipes off when you decide to upgrade to long tube headers saving you money in the long run.

So I currently own 2003 Mustang GT with offroad H and flowmasters. I just bought 2008 Mustang GT and looking for opinions on exhaust set up. I want to keep this car legal.. but sounding nice.. Any help?! =)

Everyone has ther own opinion on exhaust. I'm running a bassani o/r x pipe and racing axleback and it sounds wicked. If you want to stay legal, I'd get a hi-flow catted X and axleback. Stay away from Flowmaster with an x pipe . . . they sound horrible.

Good luck and let us know your choice and how you like it.:D

so I was thinkin of going with the Bassani X pipe and Bassani axle back? Is there a difference between Bassani and Bassani SS? I think I also like the sound of the SLP Loudmouth..

Bassani BX is composite steel and SS is stainless steel. I've got the BX Bassani modular x pipe and SS racing axleback which will run you about $800 at Brenspeed. It is worth the $$, you will love the way it sounds. It's a nice deep rumble. You will get noticed.:D