2008 Model Build-Off

5.0 Nostalgia

10 Year Member
Feb 28, 2003
CT
Last year some of us did a car model build off to pass time in the winter. I am just gauging interest to see if anyone wants to do another one this year.

I found a '69 Shelby GT 500 that I never build in my basement today that I think I am going to build. I got it probably in about 1990, painted the body white, and never touched it again.

• Sponsors (?)

Awesome. Good to hear a couple people will be in. I am sure some others will find this thread and be in as well. I know Demented 5oh is an awesome model builder, and I think Flava Dave got in on this last year too.

I guess these could be the rules (similar to last year):

1. Model must be of a Mustang from any year. If somebody wants to do something else, that's fine with me though.

2. Pictures of the model must be posted before starting it.

3. You don't have to build it with only the contents of the kit. Customization is allowed.

I think we asked for progress pics last year too. Anybody have any other rules from last year they remember? We will also have to come up with a realistic deadline that will work for everyone. I guess we can modify this based on how everyone is progressing. That's what we did last year.

25th, too bad you won't have time. Your model was great last year.

Bryce, I'll allow Legos, but it would have to be a Mustang. :D

Yeah for the last one I made some Long Tubes that came out great, a cowl hood, and some other small stuff... Needless to say I never got it finished. Couldn't get the paint as smooth as I wanted, and lost interest. I "might" think about doing one, to keep me busy between work, gym, and sleep on weekdays, so we will se!

I would, but its too cold outside for me to paint and I dont have a basement.

I started on a murdered out 1996 Impala with a LS1 conversion, but it got cold.

I have a Super Stallion with a 'good' paint job, and a '70 Chevelle with Corvette parts.

I took my '93 Cobra apart to repaint the body.

lx???? IF SO WHERE?

A lot of the older kits are on Ebay, thats where I got my Impala.