2008 Mustang GT Rear Gear Lube

Dec 25, 2007
I need to replace my rear cover for support on bearings. Car has 4.10's and is run, don't baby it. I know Ford says 75W 140, some guys are using 75W 90, recommendations? Car is stick, about 425 HP. Also, with using the friction modifier, how many quarts? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

It works great with the 4.10s, I had the 4.10s first then went NOS. I was going to go supercharger, but I figured if I was going to spend the 5-6K there, with NOS I get 4K to use for other stuff. Right now I run the 100 shot as I am working on a new Race Tune and have to change my fuel pump to increase the flow rate before I move up with the jets. I also lightened the car, so the combination is pretty good. Killer 60 foot time, hoosiers big help there. I suspect I will lose the clutch very soon.

Capacity is 2 quarts with 4 oz of friction Modifier (Using a stock cover). Use a good quality 75w140 from Royal Purple or Mobile 1. I run Royal Purple myself in everything, BTW my F350 holds almost 5 quarts with a deep pan and this stuff is about 18 bucks. Royal Purple also sells a 75w90 and an 85w140