2008 Redesign?

Romeo46LV8

Founding Member
Mar 24, 2000
Philadelphia (suburbs), PA
Don't shoot! But I've been out of the Mustang loop (or at least online community & news for some time)...what is up with the, and I quote, "Mustang redesign in 2008" that I keep reading about, but never see very many details on???

Besides any rumors on what its going to look like, specs, etc., I'm more interested in time frame: Is this going to be a redesign of the 2008 model year released in late 2007/early 2008 OR the will it be redesigned in 2008 and come out as the 2009 - give or take - model year? Any deets??

I ask as I'd like to get a new vehicle in the next 12 months or so and between the announcement of the Shelby GT, rebirth of the Boss, and redesign with 2008 attached to it, I'm at a loss on what to choose from...which in this case isn't such a bad thing. :D

• Sponsors (?)

You really are out of the loop.

Latest word is the updated Mustang will be a 2010 model introduced sometime in 2009.

No firm information, but rumors are that every piece of sheet metal will be changed except for the roof panel. Speculation is that it will have more of a modern (vs retro) style.

Thanks, 351CJ. After posting I did dig up some information, or should that be speculation & rumor (?), on the changes coming down the road. Most of it sounds very promising - I only hope the redesign isn't "too" modern as I think the retro look is a great look and will be for years to come.

We just had this discussion a few days ago...

Someone was involved in a 'case study' of an early clay version of the next generation body. Things like Hips and lower (moved) fog lights are things I remember.

If you are planning on a Mustang in '08, there is rumour about a 5.0L BOSS version coming around that time.

While I'd love to wait for a Boss in '08, I'm afraid the same fate will befall it, that befell the GT500: Low production numbers = astronomical selling prices. While this is generally not a bad thing, hell it generates huge interest in the Mustang and shows what Ford can do if they want to, it also means future special edition models may meet the same fate (ie. if your savings account isn't big enough, look elsewhere).

With the intro of the Shebly GT - a car that shouldn't be that much more than a standard GT - yet seperates itself enough so that everyone knows its no standard GT, its what I've been waiting for: A bit more than the norm, but not so much more that its not affordable by many. All I can say is here's to Sunday and more deets. :D

I heard that the next new generation Mustang in 2009 will look like the 1969-1970 Mustang body style. That's my favorite body style. Oh, I hope that the next generation Mustang looks like the 69. The current 05-07 Mustangs are all ugly and too thick up at the front end. Plus, they are too long.

RED2001GT said:
I heard that the next new generation Mustang in 2009 will look like the 1969-1970 Mustang body style. That's my favorite body style. Oh, I hope that the next generation Mustang looks like the 69. The current 05-07 Mustangs are all ugly and too thick up at the front end. Plus, they are too long.

While I agree with you that the 69 - 70 Stangs are the best looking, I don't understand how you can say the 05 - 07 Mustang is too long. They new ones are the same length as the 69 & 70s.

351CJ said:
While I agree with you that the 69 - 70 Stangs are the best looking, I don't understand how you can say the 05 - 07 Mustang is too long. They new ones are the same length as the 69 & 70s.

They just look oversized. WHat makes them look too bulky is the thickness of the front bumpers. They are too thick looking.