2008 shelby gt

• Sponsors (?)

Hey everybody! i'm currenty looking to purchase a 2008 shelby gt and was wondering how i go about this? is it order through my local dealership? thats for any advice...

Go online and search every dealer inventory and check for what might already be on lots cuz I saw some 07 GT's 5k b elow sticker the other day. It may take a while to do this but that is how I found my stang. :)

Hey everybody! i'm currenty looking to purchase a 2008 shelby gt and was wondering how i go about this? is it order through my local dealership? thats for any advice...

It's too late to order one. All 2008 Shelby GT's were already ordered and shipped to Shelby Automobiles, Inc. (SAI) in Las Vegas by the end of November 2007. SAI has been making the conversions from Mustang GT to Shelby GT for several months now on these 2,300 cars and continues to work on the last few hundred currently. They are getting to dealer lots and available for sale already built and converted, so you should be able to find many to choose from now and in the near future.

From the few dealers I've talked to (Central, NE, & SE PA) the most abundant cars at dealers seem to be the '07 SGT's in white. I'm sure you can rather easily find '07 Black or the '08's, but just my 0.02 that the white '07's seem to be the most left over on dealers lots these days...(at least in my area)...

Yeah same here in SOCAL. LOTS of white autos left. Most the 5spd blacks are gone.

Course now the lots are filling up with the Grabber Orange ones. The dealer I got mine from had six.

Thanks fellas! i currently own an '02 gt and a '95 Bronco EB on 38'' tires, but this car will be my first brand new vehicle and also my first time dealing with a dealership....wish me luck....this is a great site!

you got me on that one, lol! it was late at night when i posted...the one here is a convertible, and i'm not wild about that...plus the gt500 is a "bit" out of my price range

Check out the Shelby Forum:
http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/

They built over 5000 '07 SGT's. They are available in white or black, coupes only. The black ones have the black spoked rims.

There are less than 3000 '08 SGT's, all blue, except for the 200 or so Grabber Orange editions. The blue SGT's are available as convertibles.

As far as the differences between '07 and '08: upgraded hood scoops and pins for '08, as well as the number of the particular SGT engraved on the door sill. (there might be more..)

You should not pay a dealer markup on either year.. They are on eBay for MSRP or less. Basically, it comes down to the color you like..

Good luck! :nice:

(there are a few people on stangnet that think the SGT's are overpriced- just ignore.) :notnice: :( :rolleyes: