2009 corvette z06

• Sponsors (?)

we will never hear the end of it from the bowtie boys now. im not looking forward to this production either. thats just one more piece of propaganda to throw at us.

although, i am wondering what the price is going to be. probably cheaper than the GT.

Cars are cars.
Besides, it seems obvious that Chevy has destroyed any hopes of the two going head to head anymore. The Vette's really are a world-class car, the 'Stangs just simply aren't. Some factory imports can beat factory 'Stangs... I wonder how that new turbo Acura RDX would fare against a 'Stang...factory against factory, of course. I know there are 10 cars on this board alone that could destroy the pretentious little SUV in the blink of an eye...

Ive heard from many sites that its going to be almost the same amount as a Ford GT

only 10, I think it may be a bit more for me maybe in a year or 2 i will be able to stomp them or at least keep up.

You can never compare a Mustang to a Vette, that's just retarded.

As for it being a competitor to the GT, the GT will always be up with the super cars in a completely different class of car. Even if the Vette can lap the Ford GT on a course or take it in the 1/4, it still won't have the sophistication and unique appeal that the GT brings to the table, it will still just be a hot-rod.

Zero Signal said:

As for it being a competitor to the GT, the GT will always be up with the super cars in a completely different class of car. Even if the Vette can lap the Ford GT on a course or take it in the 1/4, it still won't have the sophistication and unique appeal that the GT brings to the table, it will still just be a hot-rod.
Me and a few friends were talking about that the other day.

Ford has the Mustang.
Chevy has the Camaro
Dodge has the Charger and Challanger.

Then higher up
Chevy has the Vette
Dodge has the Viper
What does Ford have in that class?

Zero Signal said:

in terms of performance no you cannot, but in terms of the $$$$ then you have no other choice than to compare vehicles in the same price range.

when ford started making stangs in the same price range(cobras) then the comparisons followed.

like it or not the general public will always compare cars based on price.

in terms of performance no you cannot, but in terms of the $$$$ then you have no other choice than to compare vehicles in the same price range.

when ford started making stangs in the same price range(cobras) then the comparisons followed.

like it or not the general public will always compare cars based on price

But now you're talking about high end Mustang to a low end Vette. It's hard to argue pricewise yeah, but the Vette and Mustang are in their own class of car, just like comparing the Vette to the GT. I still think the two cars shouldn't be compared at all.

Then higher up
Chevy has the Vette
Dodge has the Viper

Yeah we have nothing in the middle-upper range there. For Ford, it might just be too difficult,expensive or risky to attempt to enter into the same market as the M3s, Vettes, Vipers etc.

Zero Signal said:
Yeah we have nothing in the middle-upper range there. For Ford, it might just be too difficult,expensive or risky to attempt to enter into the same market as the M3s, Vettes, Vipers etc.
I didnt think so.

And Chevy and Dodge dont have anything to compete with the GT right?
Im pretty sure thats a no.

I've always wished that Ford had kept the Thunderbird a two-seater and kept competing with Chevy's Corvette with it. There really is no comparing a Mustang to a Vette, but we have to. It's all we've got. Maybe when Ford stops production on the GT, they can focus on a long-term Corvette eater. Similar price/performace and curb appeal. I know they can do it. I hope they call it a Thunderbird.

On the other hand, I am proud to say that we (America) can beat the Europeans (Italians, specifically.) At their own game. The only Italian cars that truly fit in the same class as the Corvette are $150k plus, two seater, "frivilous" sports cars. The Vette can SPANK almost every one of them for about $75k (modded) and be comfortable and look good doing it. (A TT Vette could eat the lunch of a ($275k) 575M Ferarri or a ($175k) Lamborghini Murcialago. Although the 575M is prolly IMO, the single best looking GT car ever made.) Have you ever seen the tune-up cost of one of those! $3000-$5000! IF, you can find a "mechanic". The Vette can be serviced at ANY Goodwrench shop in the country. NICE!

AznStanger3v said:
although, i am wondering what the price is going to be. probably cheaper than the GT.

Chevy will undercut competitors by pricing the Z07 at about $100,000. This Corvette has been known within GM as the Blue Devil....... - Automobilemag.com

$100,000 and in limited quantities, you will not see to many of these on the road

The Green GT said:
Me and a few friends were talking about that the other day.

Ford has the Mustang.
Chevy has the Camaro
Dodge has the Charger and Challanger.

Then higher up
Chevy has the Vette
Dodge has the Viper

I guess you could consider the cobras n SVT's a mid way between the 2...