200hp shot of nitrous on stock engine?

I wanted to get some opinions on this since I was thinking about trying it out. In my sig are my mods so I do have an upgraded fuel system except for the injectors.(Crank up the fuel pressure I guess) I've heard people talk about running 250+ on the stock bottom end. Will my Fel-pro replacement head gaskets hold this? How much should I crank up my fuel pressure? Anyone try this yet?

• Sponsors (?)

I say go for it, im running a 150 shot dry on stock injectors...

be careful though, NX is rated at the Rear wheels if im not mistaken, i run a 150 HP shot at the crank...

plugs are brown etc... and im not even running an AFPR. all stock. as long as theres fuel, those forged slugs will be fine, head gaskets will hold.

A well known mustang guy here in Toronto ran a 400 shot with toooons of fuel a couple years back on a stock 91 Motor. Lasted him all season... I didn't believe it till i asked him myself.

What's that noise I hear? Sounds like an engine splitting the block down the middle... HUMM... now I see the lifters and connecting rods flying all over the place... :spot:

I'd do it just make sure the car is tuned really good and your getting enough fuel. I'd pick up an external fuel pump.

Window switches seem like a pretty good idea. The nitrous comes on when you shift into second. Probably helps with traction a bit.

200 on a stock bottom is COOL!! BUT.... your stock bottom end?? Even though the compression is good, and the engine runs good... the bearings are what are going to take the instant on, of the spray!! ME?? arp rod bolts and fresh bearings, and your rocking!! When you get the NOS READ THE INSTRUCTIONS !!!! they are there for YOUR bennifit!! Cool?? But a stock bottom will hang in there with a 200 shot!!

Just me...............................

Thumper

Guess I was lucky then...

I ran 175 shot Top Gun system on my stock 103k mi 88gt with a 155pump. It never poped a gasket or blew smoke even after I was using a bottle a day through it for almost 3 months. Yes, I was soo a junkie. Then I was broke and only burned a bottle on weekends at the track.

I'd say its possible but as with any poweradder you taking a chance.

I was looking at a piston from a 96 4.6 last night. The kid was running a 150 shot and the whole outer portion of the piston had been chewed away from the Nitrous, He was luckey he cought it a little early. One question for anyone, what year mustangs had the forged bottom ends?

2MuchPSIForU said:
A well known mustang guy here in Toronto ran a 400 shot with toooons of fuel a couple years back on a stock 91 Motor. Lasted him all season... I didn't believe it till i asked him myself.

There is always some guy that does something stupid and gets away with it. Doesnt mean other people will have the same results.

I think they had forged pistons until 92, they switched over in 93. IDK about new ones though. As for running a 200 shot on a stock bottom end I wouldn't want to try it myself, but I wouldn't mind watching someone else do it. Make sure you run high enough octane or things could get ugly in a hurry

I ran a 150 shot for two years on a stock long block, everything was in nice shape when i took it apart last year. As with any power adder, the tune up has to be right, and the motor has to be in decent shape to start with. A MSD digital 6 would be a good upgrade for ignition boost and timing control. Also, the plastic Cartech uppers are not recommended for nitrous use, not rated to handle the pressure(900-1000psi)that nitrous hits the manifold at.

As for my intake, it's not a plastic one. It's an old aluminum box style. I've run quite a few bottles using a 150 shot and never blew a gasket or anything. Even checked out my pistons and they still look great.(No ridge whatsoever and factory cross hatching marks still show. I figured an extra 50hp wouldn't be too bad. I'll just make sure I crank up the fuel pressure a tad and drop the timing some more. I'd only really be using the bottle on occasional track visits so I won't go through something like a bottle a week like I did with my 150 shot. I may just go ahead and give it a shot this weekend and if I blow something up, I'll just have to pick up the pieces and fix it again. :D

FiveOCapri79 said:
As for my intake, it's not a plastic one. It's an old aluminum box style. I've run quite a few bottles using a 150 shot and never blew a gasket or anything. Even checked out my pistons and they still look great.(No ridge whatsoever and factory cross hatching marks still show. I figured an extra 50hp wouldn't be too bad. I'll just make sure I crank up the fuel pressure a tad and drop the timing some more. I'd only really be using the bottle on occasional track visits so I won't go through something like a bottle a week like I did with my 150 shot. I may just go ahead and give it a shot this weekend and if I blow something up, I'll just have to pick up the pieces and fix it again. :D

You may want to drop another degree cooler plugs as well. 2 degrees cooler that stock are recommended for 150 shot and what I used for my 175 shot. 200 might put you over the edge. Just a thought.....