2010 370Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

cronin49

Banned
Aug 12, 2003
SC
Killed one today. My son in law works as a salesman at Coastal Nissan here in Pawleys Island SC. They had a nice black coupe, loaded with paddle shifters, the whole nine yards, on the pedestal. He said it would eat my Mustang alive, so I said lets see. We drove to a spot on RT 17 that was just newly blacktopped, I swear it was a 3 mile long straight flat road. we waited until it was deserted, traffic was light anyway, and we lined up on the 2 lane highway. On the 3rd beep I dropped the clutch at about 3500rpm, quickly banged second and rammed 3rd at 60mph. He was about 2 car lengths behind me by then, and by the time I hit 4th at 95mph he was in my mirror 6 cars back. I ran it to redline in 4th up to about 125 and got off it, I beat his ass by at least 10 car lengths. He couldn't believe it, especially with me having to manually shift each gear, all he had to do was slap the paddle. I then drove his car, it's a beauty, so much more refined then our Mustangs. As we chatted about it later at the dealership, I came up with a two word description of each car; His: smooth and refined. Mine: unrully and violent.
We had fun that day, but don't think I make it a habit to street race. I must say I was pleased with my Babies performance.

• Sponsors (?)

Wow! Congrats on beating a slow car... The other day an 18 wheeler revved on me I taught him to respect Mustangs also.

It ain't that slow of a car, most car mags have it at 13.3 - 13.4 in the 1/4. I pretty much knew I would beat him, just as I'm pretty sure I'd beat your stock Cobra, I'v got 490hp at the motor, what do you have, 390?? This wasn't your run of the mill 350Z. it was a 370Z. In hindsight, over the last 5 years or so I HAVE beaten many '03 '04 Cobras. What's your best time.? If I remember right I ran a 12.33@116 five years ago. I got the feeling that I'm talking to a 20 or 30 year old ying yang, respect you elders, I 'm 55 and retired. 27 years with the FDNY.

It ain't that slow of a car, most car mags have it at 13.3 - 13.4 in the 1/4. I pretty much knew I would beat him, just as I'm pretty sure I'd beat your stock Cobra, I'v got 490hp at the motor, what do you have, 390?? This wasn't your run of the mill 350Z. it was a 370Z. In hindsight, over the last 5 years or so I HAVE beaten many '03 '04 Cobras. What's your best time.? If I remember right I ran a 12.33@116 five years ago. I got the feeling that I'm talking to a 20 or 30 year old ying yang, respect you elders, I 'm 55 and retired. 27 years with the FDNY.
1) I am 43
2) so if your car is faster than mine that makes you right and me wrong or what exactly would the speed of my car vs your car prove? shall we compare peen size also?
3) I do not street race nor would I ever run my pristine Cobra on a track
4) you sound very immature for your made up internet age, you are really 12 aren't you?
5) this is NOT TECH

Street racing and racial slurs are not allowed on SN. You've been a member here since '03 so you should know better.

Status
Not open for further replies.