2010 camaro and 2010 stang. Lets talk V6s.

:flag:

no, I was just referring to the power output of a bolt on ls1 compared to bolt on 4v's. . I don't think the ls1 is really a superior motor to the 4v, just has more cubes to it. BTW, always love the clean rides you have.

mark

Thanks Mark...I would trade em both for your Z06 though:D... Seriously though, that thing is tits. With a few minor bolt ons they are nasty....

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks Mark...I would trade em both for your Z06 though:D... Seriously though, that thing is tits. With a few minor bolt ons they are nasty....

thanks for the props! The mods are on hold.... I can't control the thing in 40-55* air on the stock runflats right now, so there is really no use for more power.

Your taste for cars, mods and pics is hard to beat though. Check your pm's if you don't mind.

Mark

Whoops, didn't me to make this a V8 argument thread, that's been done all over the web...but for the V6s sake isn't Ford supposed to offer the Ecoboost V6 in the Mustangs then have the 5.0 as a GT option for model year 2011 I believe? Shoot by that time the Challenger and Camaro might be gone again. So it'll be like when the Terminator came out. :rlaugh:

the gto is a turd compared to your car. More power, but just not a performance oriented car, and heavier. A big disappointment by gm.

the ls1 was never a 305hp car, even with the crappy 97-00 camshaft and intake(revised in 01 with the ls6 and a better cam).

I don't know if we want to go down the road of comparing the ls1 to a 4.6 4v, the thread was originally about v6's. I have yet to see a 4v car make 410-420hp(350-365rhp) with the stock intake, camshaft, and untouched heads.

I don't know if anyone remembers but the GTO when it first came out wasn't even supposed to be a performance car, rather a "grocery getter" with a little power.:D:notnice:

3.6L Camaro? Sounds unusual to me...don't they usually put higher liters in?

Nonetheless, they have always been successful as of late in making a more powerful car than Ford = ( which is why I never would race a Camaro (unless it was a late model 80's) at the track in the 1/4 mile......or..um...on a backroad one time....which I beat....um....heh..won't do that again though.....bad, bad me lol

Anyways, Ford does have to step it up. But I think they are trying to make the Mustang an "affordable"/'family" type car yet still keeping it sporty if that makes sense.