2010 Chevy Camaro SS vs. 2010 Ford Mustang GT, 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T

^^^^Sounds good, although it wont be till around next may. Black 2SS/RS with Ground efx package and check out this new upgrade
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well guys the dyno results are in. The first dyno graph is the stock hp#'s. The second graph has our LMR Cold Air Induction System, Stainless Steel 1 7/8 long tube headers with connection pipes, modified factory exhaust(removed resonators) and our stage 2 custom grind cam kit. The third graph is our complete Street Stalker Package that includes:
LMR Cold Air Induction System
A/R 1 7/8 Stainless Steel Headers with connection pipes
MSD 8.5mm Wires
NGK spark plugs
160* Thermostat
Modified Factory mufflers(removed resonators)
LMR Stage 3 custom grind cam kit
Prototype 25% Underdrive Pulley Kit
All gaskets/Crank Bolt
Oil change with filter

Street Stalker Package Installed and Tuned for $5,999.99

YouTube - Late Model Racecraft's Street Stalker Start Up Vid for 2010 Camaro SS!!!
2010CamaroStockstg2camheadersstg3.jpg

Man you sparked alot of talk here! I am a mustang guy and always have been and alway will be but I must admit I really like the new camaro. I wasn't real sure till I saw a 2ss in person. I still am not so sure about the interior but the exterior and engine more than make up for that as long as it's comfortable. I am loving that were finally seeing some real competitors for the Mustang again. I am really waiting to see the 400hp 5.0 head to head with the 2ss and SRT then we will have a real race on our hands! The old 4.6 does good considering its handicap of short bore spacing and really small bore but the 5.0 will even the playing field giving us ford guys a real hot rod engine like Chevrolet has had since the LS1 was introduced.

I just hope with the struggling big 3 and the new 39mpg average economy by 2016 standards that Obama hasn't absolutely killed all three of the big 3 not to mention all performance cars in general by himself. I for one will never buy a inport car but I'm afraid I'm one of the few that still believes that supporting our auto makers is the only way to go. Even though other manufacturers build cars here they still don't help our economy like buying American does.:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

After reading this comparison, a heads-up race would come down to the driver.
0-60 times: *Challenger = 5.1 *Camaro = 4.7 *Mustang = 4.8

MSRP is very close for all three too. You should be able to get the best deal on a Mustang just because Ford is smart enough to build enough cars so dealers actually have cars to sell. I read that Chevy is having trouble filling orders for SS models.
MSRP: *Challenger R/T = $31K *Camaro SS = $31K *Mustang GT= $29K

All three of the cars are good looking and will be fun to drive. They all will have a unique driving experience. I have owned: 96 Trans Am WS-6, 04, 05 & 06 GTO's, 05 Mustang GT, 07 Mustang GT, 99 Cobra & currently a 01 GT (326 RWHP). All these cars are modern muscle, but share very little in driving experience. I will say that the LS-2 engine is just plain crazy powerful. 05-06 GTO's where listed are running 0-60 in 4.7. The only reason these cars didn't post better numbers is poor traction. I had to cut my fenders just to fit 275 rear tire. I would have loved to see what kind of traction I would have got with 305 meats out back. I am not brand loyal, just American loyal. Most people who are into cars are more interested in 0-60 or 1/4 miles times, not HP figures.

^^^^ Ill be honest.....Ive seen more aggresive setups than what you have and they still werent able to break the 300 rwhp mark. The only time I seen it get that high is when MM&FF made a homemade intake that was HUGE looking. Crazy, you must have a beast on your hands to make that much HP in a 99-04 4.6 motor without Forced Induction.

I just got some Polished Stainless STeel Headers along with my Pacesetters Y and Magnaflow Catback..ill be hitting around 345 Rwhp, Cant wait.

^^^^ Ill be honest.....Ive seen more aggresive setups than what you have and they still werent able to break the 300 rwhp mark. The only time I seen it get that high is when MM&FF made a homemade intake that was HUGE looking. Crazy, you must have a beast on your hands to make that much HP in a 99-04 4.6 motor without Forced Induction.

I just got some Polished Stainless STeel Headers along with my Pacesetters Y and Magnaflow Catback..ill be hitting around 345 Rwhp, Cant wait.[/QUOTE

I sold my 05 GTO after buying my current car (01 GT). The 01 GT has about 10K invested in aftermarket adds to get it to 326 RWHP. To get that much power without forced induction or NOS, you have to make compromises. The car is fast as hell and runs great, but the cam makes it a little challenging for daily driving. Well worth it for my taste. MY GT will run with the LS-2 GTO, but is now where near as smooth. The 05 GTO was effortless when accelerating, the torque line was very linear and the car was just tight. No rattles or cowl shacking. I have to image that since the new Camaro is engineered by Holden the same GM group that engineered the GTO & G8 that the new Camaro will be even better than my GTO's.

My reason for selling the GTO was that I felt too disconnected from the car. The GTO was too refined if that makes sense. My 01 GT has a lumpy idle and acts like its going to stall which forces you to learn about the car's character. The new GTO and 05+ Mustangs are just point and shoot cars. Today's muscle cars don't share any of the wild character of their older counterparts. Today's muscle cars are more inline with European "Touring / Super Cars". Not necessarily a bad thing, but moves these cars up-market and in my opinion away from it's dedicated target market. I would love to see a true drag pack version of any of the modern muscle cars: Mustang, Camaro, Challenger: No power anything, no A/C, Vinyl interior & floors, 4.10 gears, Hurst shifter, stage II cam, stock car style black steel wheels, glass packs. Price it at $25K

Attachments

• 05 GTO 2-5-09 #1 side w.jpg
    05 GTO 2-5-09 #1 side w.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 135
  • 01 Mustang GT.jpg
    01 Mustang GT.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 138