2010 GT vs 2011 Mustang V6

Discussion in '2005 - 2014 Specific V6 Tech' started by snaggeltooth, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Well somebody had to ask it .. I really like the 2011 pony package .. So what you think ??? And this will just be my Daily Driver so not a lot of modding going to be done ...:shrug:
  2. I figured that once Ford annouced the 2011s GT or V6 that it would kill most sales of the 2010s but people still keep buying them.
    If I was in the market for a new one I know I would wait or pre-order a 2011.

The only thing I would worry about is that with all the major changes there could be issues with the first year. Maybe I will look at the 2012s.

Another option would be to see how much it drives down the price on the 05-09s, find something with low miles and slap on a the smog legal Turbonetics kit and call it done for much less money.
  3. Sounds like you got your answer in your type of driving. A lot of daily driving the 2011 gets the power, respect AND returns a great MPG value.

Go with the '11 Sixer.
  4. Yeah, I'm leaning towards the six as well. Long as the test drive turns out well, which I'm sure it will.
  5. with all the new stuff on the 6 I will give it a while .. about 6 months or so, make sure everything works out .. If I get a Pony Package prob have to order it anyway ...
  6. I too was expecting issues being a whole new design and all when I got my 05. Only had a couple minor issues under warranty in the beginning, and haven't had anything happen since the warranty ran out. I think Ford does pretty good considering, I'm surprised. I also wouldn't expect too many issues with just adding new power plants either. Everything else should be worked out by now from the 2010 model.

I'd buy a new V6 as soon as I can, but I would have to convince the wife first :D Will probably have to let her get a new car too, lol.

7. actual engine , I dont think any problems .. but any car can have issues when its a first year ... Not that I would worry about it , but would be nice to let others find out for me ...:D