2010 Stang GT ordering 11/10/2008 Date

Ford could keep the 300HP engine and still sell every one. To some people driving a Mustang is more about what is under the hood. How many years did it take Ford to reach HP in their entry-level v8 Mustang?? GM did it 10 years earlier and look what it did to the Camaro/T/A

We all know what happened to the GTO. Sales sucked, GM bumped HP to over 400HP and they still sucked. Now it's a dead vehicle again.

2010 is a long way off. Who knows what will happen by then. Gas could be $7/gallon and nobody is going to want 400HP V8's except for the rich who could afford the $105 fill-ups by that point.

Then again if you have a paid off '06 GT and money to burn i doubt you are worried too much about gas.

If i was in the market for a new Mustang i could easily order a 2010 GT sight unseen. I don't care how many HP it has or what it looks like. The Camaro/charger could have 200HP more...but i want the Mustang.

• Sponsors (?)

Money is always burning a hole in my pockets lol.Glad I can afford to waste as much as I do.
GM will not be rasing prices on the Camaro SS,They will make as many as they can sell
Look at GM today
Their Stock was $9.99 ashare and they say it will be at $7.00 ashare very soon.
And GM has enough money till mid 2009 and after that GM can still go out of business.
Maybe there will be no Camaro SS in early 2009 with GM.
But I think many will get annoyed if they buy a 2010 in early 2009 and find out a year later
that there will be a extra 100HP in the 2011 Gts at no extra charge.
Yes I do believe gas will be $6 before years end and gas prices will be $7 sometime in 2009..
I just paid $4.93 a Gal in Montauk
Oil was at another record today
I am sure many will not cry over the price per gal???It will be a way of life with
these prices
Vote Dem and ride a bike to work
Vote Rebublican and get all the oil off of our shores

I say Drilling is great offshore........Lets drill in downtown brooklyn

I would think it would bring the price down a tad.
Why should nobody make money in Oil????I think the CEOs are doing a great job in making
money for their investors.
$5 - $6 Gas will be a norm soon.......(before years end}
Yep Ford didnot Rob the people with their 2005 Stang Gts.
I think the people were idiolts and the dealers are still slimballs.
As people say the 2005 Stangs gts were a supply and demand.
Well I am glad Gas is the same way.

The push rod V-8 is never comming back or should it with higher mpg standards comming. On my 07 GT, I get 22/25, I never got that on a 302. There's more and more stuff comming out for the mod motors everyday. With comp cams new 3 valve cams with phase limiter, they hit 401 rwhp on a completely street legal package. However it was a stroked 3 valve to a 298, but even a 281 should be close to that. Even thats pretty impressive for only a 298 n/a motor in street legal trim. In a few years there will be as much stuff out for the mods as there are for the 5.0. Dodge and GM have to use big cubes to get 400 hp, fords going to do it with small cubed mod motors.

GM has gone that route, ford went the mod motor route. Ford didn't get 26 mpg out of a push rod V-8, "well", maybe a crown vic was close. Ford has gone in a different direction and thier not going back. The new generation ford motors are mod as well, the 6.2, 7.0 and 5.0. The point being ford will match or come close to GM and dodge power levels with less cubes. The new 5.0 will be around the 400 hp mark if not more and still only be 302 CID. There's no offical hp numbers been released on the 5.0, but ford knows what GM and dodge are doing. I also read a while back that there was a 5.8 liter version of the 6.2 in the works for the stang. However they didn't know if the 351 was only for special edition stangs or what. There's alot of rumors flying around, but a new 5.0 seems to be a pretty safe bet.

you have to remember, that the mustang is alot lighter then the dodge and chevy, so theres a big advantage. If your buying a car just for the "numbers", your an iddiot.

Well if Ford was not going to make some sort of a change with their Mustang Gt for 2010 I would buy a 2008 or 2009 Shelby at Msrp(yep there are shelbys at Msrp}
It was like buying a 2004 Mustang Mack 1 when you know the 2005 were going to look different.
The thing is, the Mach 1 is a DOHC and loves boost even more so than the 05+'s. And personally, I would have been buying a 04 Cobra over an 05 no matter what. They look better, the blower absolutely SCREAMS, it's a violent car when modded, and it looks better than the 05. Your argument doesn't really hold much water. Better comparison would be the 98-99 design "change" because that is exactly what this change is going to be.

Does not really matter...
Point is that they are changing the design a tad.
To me why buy a old design when a Newer Design will be out there.
I would think people would get bored with their cars after 2 or 3 years
and want to buy something new if you can afford it......

i just read today that the twin turbo V6 rumored to be an option in the future will be a 3.7 liter producing between 340 and 415 hp in the various cars that it is installed in. the Fusion, Flex, MKS and MKR are all lined up to get a version of the engine starting as early as the 09 production year. Just something fun to look into.