2010 V6 Check Engine Light Issues

Lissa

May 4, 2013
Wednesday morning I got my 2010 V6 out to drive to work, and before I got a mile up the street the check engine light came on. I didn't notice anything weird with the car, but I brought it back home and drove the other car to work.

Thursday morning I unhooked the battery and let it reset itself, then I took it up the street and I didn't notice anything unusual, except my Ford Racing dual exhaust didn't seem to be as loud. Light stayed off.

Drove it 20 mins up the street yesterday morning, still off, but the exhaust is noticeably not as loud and it made a strange "wooshing" sound when I took off. Brought it back home.

Last night I decided to take it to a car show, meet up with friends and run it through their heads, got it out, got 10 minutes up the street and something happened, it revved real high like it missed, the CEL and the wrench lit up, put my foot on the brake and it was still revving.

Got it home by shifting in 2nd and 3rd, and it seemed to be fine after that, but the light's still on.

I've seen some misfire issues on GTs on forums but I haven't seen any v6 issues. Anyone have any idea what this could be? About a week ago I thought it smelled hot when I was running my air conditioner for the first time this year, but it hasn't done it since.

Random info: 2010, v6, automatic, ford racing dual exhaust added, no other major mods.

Help a girl out! I'm trying to put this out in hopes that someone, somewhere, has had the same issues. I know I can hook it to the computer to get it diagnosed for free at Auto Zone, but I'm 30 minutes away from one and I'm just looking for help. Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)