2011 5.0 rough idle?

bcew99

Oct 20, 2010
wyoming
Hey guys I got my stang a couple of weeks ago after i ordered it in late july. It has the manual and brembos. I love it but noticed right away it idles a little rough. I can see it on the tach also it will go from 850 to 950. I went to the dealer and they let me start another 5.0 on the lot and it did the same thing. i always thought v8s ran smooth on idle? Is there a good reason these new 302 do this or do i need to take it to service. A/C is also off during idle.:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I noticed it on the 5.0 I test drove before I ordered mine & I noticed it on mine as well. Mine seems to bounce around between 500 & 750rpm. I had read on some other message board that this is normal. My car runs fine so far(crosses fingers). No sticking clutch, ticking sounds, or shaking.

idle

thanks it is what it is, Have no problems either. My car is three weeks old and wouldnt trade it for nothing but i just got my insurance bill tonight and was blown away. I am 52 years old and the insurance company wants my unborn grandchild:nice: Oh well got to pay to play. :nice: