2011 V6 vs. 2010 GT

• Thread starter Deleted member 38176
  • Start date
  • Sponsors (?)

I was really disappointed with the vid. This means that a bone stock V6 Mustang is going to be able to hang with our 2V GT's.

This is a sad day for me (and my 2V) :cry:

I was really disappointed with the vid. This means that a bone stock V6 Mustang is going to be able to hang with our 2V GT's.

get a supercharger and wipe some grins off those 05s+ its priceless to see the "wtf" effect when i put on a train length on them , that never gets old :)

Its funny that this V6 makes as much HP as the 2003-2004 Mach 1s. Granted the Mach 1 has 40 more lbs of tq at the crank (320 vs 280). Though I think the 2011 V6 weighs a little less then the 03-04 mach 1s so it might be a close race stock vs stock.

Very cool, but I think stats are a little off. The difference in the price of the two may have been $4,700 when both were brand new, but the 2010 GT is now a year old and dealerships are putting out some really nice incentives on the 2010 GT’s to clear the lost for the 2011’s. I’d bet when all is said and done, you’ll walk off the lot with a 2010 GT for the same price, if not less than you will a similarly equipped 2011 V6.

Also, I’ve not spoke with one guy over in the S197 section that isn’t banging down at least 27mpg+ in their ’05-’10 GT’s. Some of them are even getting close to 30mpg with a ginger right foot. Still, I’m sure the new V6 will get better mileage as a whole, but I’m betting the difference won’t be 7mpg like the poster of this video states.

Hang with the 2V's??? I just hung with the 3V. I've got a feeling if it ever came down to it, a 2V GT would be VERY, VERY lucky to hang with the 2011 V6, not the other way around.