2012 Borla Catbacks : Installed

Lordstout

Jul 20, 2011
Hey all. Just installed a new Borla ATAK catback on my 2012 GT. Install wasn't bad at all, with the help of a friend and a few beers. Only issue was getting the tips aligned straight, centered and even in the back recesses, but even that was made easy the way Borla designed this setup. I took some pics of the old and new systems for comparison. Definitely check out the old H-Pipe pic. Notice the size difference. Also, the Borla mufflers seem to weigh aboot half what the stock mufflers weigh. The sound is very good too, very tame at idle, roaring monster at WOT. No drone in the cabin at all. Enjoy!

IMG_9470.jpg

IMG_9471.jpg

IMG_9472.jpg

The resonators have some kind of indention in them, from factory. Also there's a choke point before and after them. Total pewp.
IMG_9475.jpg

Notice here that the Pipe goes from 3" to 2 1/2", back to 3". Totally restrictive.
IMG_9473.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9470.jpg
    IMG_9470.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_9471.jpg
    IMG_9471.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_9472.jpg
    IMG_9472.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_9475.jpg
    IMG_9475.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_9473.jpg
    IMG_9473.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Sponsors (?)

Chanting:

SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP SOUND CLIP

Haha, Noobz, I'll have to hook u up with a sound clip. Maybe a full video. The cats are still on it. Streethorse, the mufflers are laid out as they go on the car. And that's all the piping there is, including the part that goes over the axle. It helps to have the car up as high as you can without being unsafe, cause it's a little tricky working the pipes out of there. Not too bad, but it helps to have a buddy helping out.

As far as highway speed, yeah, I can't even hear the exhaust with my stereo at a moderate level. But when you get into it, you and everyone within a mile radius knows it's there. It's really impressive how it works.