2012 Gt Brembo Brakes. Time For New Tires & Questions

DavidPR

Jun 25, 2011
I've worn out the OEM Pirellis that came with the 2012 Mustang GT with Brembo package. Tires lasted only 9000 miles. These tires performed well on warm, dry days, but became very noisy when worn, and traction at cool/cold weather (<60 degrees) was pretty bad. And needless to say, their life was short.

Can anyone recommend a good replacement? I am looking for something that lasts a little longer, performs better on cool conditions, and can handle my car's 400 wheel HP. I was looking at Hanhook Ventus V12 evo K110, for example. Is that a good choice? Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

9,000 miles seems very short.

My 350 hp and 410 ft-lb Saleen with 18x10s had BFG rubber throughout two years of ownership, 30k miles, spirited driving, and didn't need replacement.

I loved the aesthetics in the tread design on those BFGs, too.

I intend to put BFGs when I wear out the Falkens that came on my Roush rims for my 2013.

Good luck with your choice.

[Edit 10/8/12 7:33PM PDT] For what it's worth, I had BFG G-Force T/A KDW 2 tires.[/EDIT]

Yes, 9K is very short. Most people get 12K at least. I blame it on some spirited driving, a few autocrosses, and cool weather which causes traction to break more often than not.

I have 285-35-19 Bridgestone RE-11's. They are considered an even more extreme performance tire then the Pirellis that came on the car. I have almost 17,000 miles on these tires and they are still over 6/32 of tread (started with 9/32 new). I don't abuse my tires though.