2012 GT steering pull issue

Lordstout

Jul 20, 2011
I wonder if anyone else has noticed this, or if it's just me. Every once in a while, after braking, it seems that the car pulls one way or the other for a little bit. it goes away, but it's annoying nonetheless. Mine has the brembo brake package.

• Sponsors (?)

Since I bought the car. It does it intermittently, on either side. Sometimes it pulls left, other times to the right. It's not a hard pull, but if I let go of the wheel, it'll go to the side it's wanting to go to. I'm going to mention it when I bring it in for the first oil change, but I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed it.

Since I bought the car. It does it intermittently, on either side. Sometimes it pulls left, other times to the right. It's not a hard pull, but if I let go of the wheel, it'll go to the side it's wanting to go to. I'm going to mention it when I bring it in for the first oil change, but I was just wondering if anyone else had noticed it.

Hello Lordstout,

I suggest trying the different settings of the electric power-assisted steering (EPAS). You can select the desired steering feel through the message center. The settings are:

• Standard: Default factory setting.
• Sport: Slightly higher effort required for steering with more road force felt through the steering wheel.
• Comfort: Slightly less effort required for steering with less road force felt through the steering wheel.

After selecting the desired setting, you may feel a soft feedback bump in the steering wheel when the changeover occurs. If this doesn't resolve your concerns, since it changes sides and seems to occur when braking, then the dealer will be the perfect next step in verifying everything is functioning correctly. Let me know if I can help!

~Natasha

Thanks Natasha, I was gonna just mention it when I bring it in for my first oil change. In all honesty though, I shouldn't have to change the steering setting to correct a problem, especially since I run on normal....um... normally. And it hasn't caused any real problems yet, it's just aggravating as hell to feel something like this in a brand new car.