2012 Prices , x plan and destination fee.........HEADACHES!!!

You just have to be clear on whether the price quoted is "out the door" or not. Otherwise you may be comparing apples to oranges and that great deal may not be so great when you get there and they add fuel charge, FDAF, D&D, and TTL after the fact.

One thing which I HIGHLY recommend is looking into a used 2011 from a private party. They are very similar to the 2012 model, the factory warranty is fully transferable, and depending on where you live you may not have to pay sales tax on the deal which can save you a few thousand more.

I got my used 2011 GT Premium California Special with glass roof, auto trans, security package and a viper remote start with 8,000 miles for $32,000 plus registration ($900-$1000 paid to the MVD for 2 years) & insurance ($1,200-$1,300 paid to AAA for 1 year), that's it!

• Sponsors (?)

For the record, my deal was about as stress free as it gets. The dealer's first offer was $200 over invoice. I knew it was $200 over invoice, and asked if they'd split the difference at $100 over invoice, and they said yes without any hesitation. The whole bargaining process took less than 5 minutes, and clearly the dealer was very comfortable at $100 over invoice (because with the holdback, that meant $1000 profit).

From what I understand, holdback is meant to pay the interest/finance cost of having cars sitting on lots. When a car is custom ordered and, and therefore leaves the lot the same day it comes in, holdback IS profit.

--That "free" fuel tank is itemized on the invoice (basically, I paid $3/gallon for it last summer when gas was $2.60 at the time).
--The porters that washed the car is why a service fee is tacked on (and I'm sure the guy that spends 20 minutes washing it isn't getting the whole $75 to $195).
--The service shuttles are probably covered by the $90+/hr the service department is getting for labor.
--On an order out car, all of one phone call is probably made to the customer the day it comes in (and it thats $900, you need a new phone plan).
--Something tells me there are not actually "hot chicks" paid to be at the front desk just for my viewing pleasure since I've never seen that at any dealership before, ever (though you could be the only one).
--Let's not forget that you probably gave someone $6000 for a car worth $10,000 at some point in the process.

Only making $100...what a joke! Sorry to sound a bit nasty. I know you have to have some profit and make a living and pay the bills, and I'm not putting you down for trying to make money. But some people run dealerships, while others run stealerships. It really rubs me the wrong way when someone so blatantly tries to lie to me, particularly when it involves such a large chunk of my hard earned money. If you expect everyone to blindly pay sticker and for all the little add-ons without asking any questions, you're going to be disappointed much of the time.

Disagree. The dealer makes more than $75-$100... If you're sticking with that then in my opinion you're very wrong. What about the AZ and D plans? I guess the dealer loses a couple thousand when an employee or retired employee buys a car?

X plan is not employee pricing, it's partner pricing...

Plus what about financing, I went in with 6.2% blank check from capital one, When I left I had a 7 year warranty for 10 dollars less a month through one of their financial institutions, I'm sure they made a thousand or so off that as well. It was win/win as far as I'm concerned, but the dealerships aren't hurting when you use x-plan.

Screw all this plan pricing. Ask for invoice minus rebates and be done with it. Most dealers will have no issue doing this, because there is still a $750 hold back they are getting even at invoice. If a stupid dealer asks for more than invoice or STICKER, then walk. Locating a vehicle is so easy these days. It would take your dealer 15 seconds to run a locate, then pick up the phone and call the other dealer to see if its available. Dont order one, just shop your local stores and find the one most willing to work with you. Then let them find the car. This is the easiest way to do it. Screw that other dealer.

Lots of dealers around here sell their cars "for invoice" or "below invoice" but then rape you in the dealer fees. X-plan eliminates all but $100 in dealer fees. Can you work a better deal? Maybe. But some people aren't wheelers and dealers or don't want the hassle of playing games with the dealer. They just want a good car at a fair price. After x-plan and rebates, my OTD price was still under MSRP. I'm good with that.

I'm A plan, but my uncle says he would rather haggle with the salesman over price and extras and trade in values. He swears up and down he can beat an A plan price. When I bought my F150, I told the salesman I was A plan. He gave me a copy of the invoice with the A plan price right there on it. I walked out without him even asking my name or number...and I liked that. Came back the next day, got A plan price -$3500 rebate, - $500 or 1000 off for something else, I can't remember exactly. IIRC, I got it for about $8500-9000K under sticker. That was in 2003 when they were all offering the rebates.