2012 vs. 2013 Mustang GT

Hi everyone, i am in SD right now and i am recently consider buy a 2012 mustang GT. There is two, one is has 19" wheel, RR sensing/security pkg and comfort pkg it costs 2k more, the other one just premium. which one it worth? is the 19" good deal? and the dealer is very tricky also give me the price after the rebates, how can i bargain with them? thank you!

• Sponsors (?)

The 13 Track Package also comes with the BOSS radiator, trans cooler, engine oil cooler, TORSEN diff, and 3.73. Price all that stuff at the FRPP and see if it's more than the Track package pricetag. That was a big selling point for me. Also you can get the cloth or leather Recaros on the GT and not just the BOSS or GT500. When I went in and told the dealership what I wanted they tried to tell me I couldn't get the seats if I didn't get one of those two until I showed them the car I wanted in another city and they looked up the VIN. Score for an educated consumer.

I have had both. the 13 gets far more thumbs up. The sales are also proving it. As for the info screen. I love it. tons of great info. if you say you dont like it you dont have it or wish you had it. The track apps are worth it. Do your mods and compare zero to 60 and see if it works.

I got the 2012 GT Premium, love it. I really don't like look of the front and rear of the '13. Plus '13 doesn't come with a spare tire which bothered me, they just give you a kit to fix the tire and pump it up.

I have a 2012 with cloth interior. My first car was a 2004 v6 conv. with leather interior. Leather is a lot easier to clean. Cloth stays cool though. I live in MS, so I love my cloth so in the summer I am not sticking to the seats. Both options look good, and both options have the potential to look bad if not taken care of. I prefer cloth though. O and I think both 2012 and 2013 look good. I think the 2012 is more of a sleeker looking car

I just bought a 2012 BASE 5.0 with a 6 speed. The only thing I'd change would be the steering wheel (with ALL the controls), Brembos, HIDs, and the 19" Silver Premium wheels. Or just upgrade to Boss. lol

By the way... I got mine brand new for $24,000. Out the door. :) That was the selling point for me.

I know quite a bit of time has passed since you wrote this. Do you mind sharing the dealership? I am looking to buy a 14 bare bones 5.0 6-speed and am willing to travel to get a good deal. So far, I have gotten a quote for a listing of 24,400 from koons ford but after their 900 freight fee and taxes out the door is 28k. Any help will be greatly appreciated.