2013 V6 W/ Performance Package Has Steel Drive Shaft?

Discussion in '2005 - 2014 Specific V6 Tech' started by George Z, May 17, 2013.

1. George Z

George Z New Member

The V6 comes with the aluminum, and the Performance Package does not mention the steel shaft. Also, I bought 17" winter wheels from a dealer who took my VIN and swore that 17" rims would fit. They fit the back but would not fit around the front brakes. Did they mis-build my Mustang? Not that I'm complaining.

2. earleys94gt

earleys94gt Active Member

The front brakes on the Performance Package are the stock brakes from the GT Mustang's, can't recall the size though...

Since the Performance Package comes with the 19" wheels, you get the "awesome" air pump/Fix-a-Flat option instead of a spare tire. I do not know for sure, but I assume a 18"/19" spare will not fit in the spare tire wheel.

Not that it is likely, but is your Mustang a base model with the Performance Package? When the dealer ran the VIN, assuming correctly, maybe the system came back with the car being a base model and not a Performance Package?

3. jsimmonstx

jsimmonstx New Member

GT's and V6's come with steel driveshafts. Shelby has carbon fiber, and I'm not sure what the Boss has. If you plan on doing any kind of spirited driving, I recommend that you change the driveshaft to an aluminum (or carbon fiber if you want to spend the money). I've seen videos of 3.7 cars grenading driveshafts during dyno pulls.